Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,880 Posts
When you start the video, you have to take it off Mute.

He sounds annoyed to me, maybe on the verge of growling. Kind of like how Cleo sounds when Charlee (who only wants to play) annoys her. I would wait until Monday to take him in if he's still doing this or sooner if it sounds worse or he's acting up.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Well, he certainly got my cat Fitty Pisky's attention! I cannot ever recall hearing a cat make this weird sound. To me he sounds like he's in pain, and I agree he should be checked out by a vet. I'm wondering if it's something in his mouth or throat as he does move his jaw a bit just before he lies on the mat.

·
Registered
662 Posts
OK, I heard it. This cat sounds to me as if he is definitely in pain and needs to be seen by a vet right away.
any time any of my animals makes a new or unusual sound, or they start behaving strangely, they are in the vet office by the next day.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses I'm exhausted right now due to a lack of sleep but I took him earlier this evening and I'll go into what was up tomorrow when I have more energy and don't feel like I'm going to pass out on my keyboard.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So here's the story...

Back on September 10/26 I took him in to have his teeth cleaned and my vet found that his gums had an infection and really bad inflammation to the back of his throat. I was given Baytril and Prednisolone this was for ten days followed by ten more days of Prednisolone to wean him off it. At the time it was believed that he was doing better when he was checked. I gave that as prescribed as well. All of this was on 11/4. Than on

I called my vet the day he made that noise and it wasn't real clear what it was but they thought he was ok. I E-Mailed her Sunday night with a detailed list of what was going on (the behavior that was normal as well as anything that seemed off). I made the appointment Monday morning and was called again a few hours later and they wanted to put him under after thinking about it to check his throat (due to the previous inflammation). It was found that it was still pretty and he was prescribed a twenty day dose of Marbofloxacin. So hopefully that will clear it up this time.

Suffice to say he was very hissy after leaving the vet but he calmed down a few hours after.

TLDR; His previous antibiotics failed to cure the inflammation in his throat and he's on new ones.

·
Super Moderator
26,880 Posts
Mystery solved! I'm so glad your vet - with you following up and being a good cat parent - figured this out, hopefully your cat will be back to normal in no time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts