Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my problem. We are moving in the next month or so from our condo to a single family home. The yard is going to be fenced for the dogs, and a dog door off of the screened patio so they can let themselves out to potty. I want to allow Tiikiri access to the large back patio, but I do NOT want him to figure out how to use the dog door. The fence, even though it will be 6' wooden privacy, will still not be 100% cat safe. I am not the sort that lets any of my animals run free.
How do I create a safe enironment for my cat while giving the dogs run of the yard?

·
Registered
41 Posts
They make "keyed" doggie doors. For the door to open the collar has to have a magnet or a transponder (that you get what you pay for saying applies here). Dog has to wear the little gizmo, the cat can't open it without one.

I plan to put one on the boat to let cats out on deck and keep raccoons and sea otters out / cats in when tied up in the boathouse

·
Premium Member
9,125 Posts
Im interested to hear if the keyed dog doors really work. Is there any quirks or down sides to them? I love to get feed back on this product from people who have used the keyed doors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts