Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about 3-1/2 months pregnant and expecting twins. :D This is my first pregnancy, after trying for over 2 years. I'm VERY excited about it all but at the same time I'm a little apphrensive about how to juggle everything.

I'm in a wheelchair so I know things are going to move a little slower for me and I'll have some structural adjustments to make to things around here in order to function properly.

I was wondering if anybody could offer some advice about how you handled twins and things I may expect. I've talked to a couple of mommies who've said that they're twins actually were built-in playmates for each other so once they were old enough to start to play things got a lot easier. I sure hope this is the case with our kids!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I used to babysit twin girls. They were easier and harder to babysit at the same time. They would play with each other so that was good, they didn't want nor need my entertainment. However they DID also get into trouble together, and their mom worked nights so I would have to put them to bed. If one fell asleep the other would wake her up, and vice versa, bedtime was frustrating but darn they were adorable!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
We have family friends who have twins. What both you and Payge said is true. It's easy when they play nicely -- they play with each other. But when they feel like being naughty, it's double trouble. Our family friends had the naughtiest set of twins ever. One day she walked in the front door (Daddy had been in charge) to the smell of poo. The smell got stronger as she headed towards the nursery. When she opened the nursery door, she saw that the twins had pooed, and then smeared/thrown poo all over the room. It was in their hair, on the walls, on the ceiling, on the carpet...talk about terrible twos. Pray for angels! lol. Don't worry -- I don't think most kids are anywhere near as naughty as these two were.

By the way, congratulations! I"m not a mother yet but it seems like everyone around me is having babies these days. They all seem so much happier, I'm sure you'll feel that way too. Just as long as your husband is there to help out, I'm sure you'll be just fine. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts