Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubs and I along with millions of South Africans have started to get to the point where immigration is our only option .... life here is getting too dangerous ............Im still battling with the idea though .. my children are here .....

The main reason im have putting it off is all our animals :cry: my two dogs are to old to subject them to the trauma of quarantine etc .... and rehoming them isnt really an option .... so ............

I simply dont know .. im hoping the answer will "come" to me

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Nope, but im from Australia, so pretty much the same thing. :lol:

We're getting a ton of South-Africans immigrating here, apparently the Government has some sort of.. arrangement.. thing.. set up? Like they organise getting people that need help in SA over here or something?... Im not sure.

I found this realy cool website for South-Africans thinking about immigrating here. http://home.in.com.au/~leopard22/Immigration.html

I guess it all depends on how much you will miss your family and your home, how will you cope in a new environment? Definately not a decision to make lightly, good luck with whatever you decide. :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :) as you say this is a very hard decision ... hubs will go over and I would possibly stay with my daughter until he can bring me over ...

My ONLY problem is all my animals .. that hurts .. my kids are old enough to make their own decisions and we dont have other family.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I can't help much but I just wanted to wish you good luck with your decision! It's such a shame about the crime South Africa. I visited Cape Town for a little while about a year and a half ago, it was probably the most visually stunning part of the world I've ever been in. I hope whatever happens turns out well for you!

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I really hope things turn out well for you and your family. May the Kitty Guardian Angels look after and guide you and yours.{{{ hugs}}}

The impression I've been getting from the news is that the whole continent of Africa, with the exception of some bits and pieces here and there, is going to **** in a handbasket.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is something we have been pondering for some time now ....

we havent been affected by crime , but I think what has finally gotten to me is this rabies issue ..... not the rabies but peoples attitude towards their animals and the general degradation of what used to be a beautiful country :( everywhere we go there are dead animals .. starving animals , starving children , there isnt a road that is safe to drive on .... the money is available .. its the government and its greed thats couldnt give a flying &*^& ....smart cars are more important than health or education ...

and then we have our moron of a state president saying what "crisis" in Zimbabwe .. we have a ship from China loaded with Weapons for Zimbabwe the same moron says what "weapons" :(

there isnt anything for us here except heartache .... and hubs has been wanting to do this for a while .. I have been putting the brakes on :(

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is ... but I seriously doubt we will have the money to do it this century ...

so do I hope we stay broke ? or hope we can make a plan ? personally ill stay broke :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in New Zealand!

Hi there Carolsclan,

It's a hard decision you need to make, I completely sympathise. My parents moved to NZ for the exact same reason as yours, although we are from Peru.

My mother had many animals she left behind and it was heartbreaking for her, she left her animals with the family and luckily they were well looked after.

There are many South Africans in NZ who come here for the same reasons as you. You will not be lonely!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts