Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what dry food should i get thats healthy? i feed him both wet and dry...wet is natural balance...i want to go get a new dry food that is healthier...any suggestions?

·
Registered
238 Posts
What about dry Natural Balance? Other good ones IMO include Innova, Wellness, California Natural, Felidae & Chicken Soup.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I've said it before, but I will say it again - I only have good things to say about Chicken Soup. I highly recommend it.

Peace,
Mike

·
Banned
60 Posts
My 5 eat Felidae and really like it. It's also important to get your cat food from a supplier who has fresh supplies. We could smell the difference when we opened the packet, and so could the cats. They eat it ravenously now we've changed suppliers.

Nutro, I am a bit wary because some of their food contains garlic. As the jury is still out of garlic's effects on cats, I'm staying clear of it for now.

Try different brands, read the ingredients, see how your cat feels and looks eating it, and then decide which one you feel is better for your cat.

Cheers,
FiveCatsMom

·
Registered
238 Posts
threecats said:
Nutro, I am a bit wary because some of their food contains garlic. As the jury is still out of garlic's effects on cats, I'm staying clear of it for now.
I don't think all of the Nutro formulas have garlic. I saw "garlic flavor" listed in the NC Indoor Adult formula but not in the regular NC Adult.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
We use Wellness and Innova dry. Figure what one's lacking hopefully the other makes up for, but they are both GREAT foods. Our 4 year old and 9 week old love them both.

Also, we mix with Wellness canned food. They LOVE them!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Wellness is made by Old Mother Hubbard...

You can check out their website at

http://www.omh.com

They list the ingredients and nutrional content of all their foods on the site.

Good Luck. I think it becomes a matter of preference when your choosing between the "better" foods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts