Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, We've been doing a wet food taste test in my house and here's what I found:

.................................Kitty................................Thomas
Wellness................Ignored it.........................Ate Some
Innova ..................Licked it a little..................Ate Some
Chicken Soup........Ate a few bites..................Ignored it
Nutro Cans............Ignored it...........................Ate All
Natural Balance....Licked................................Ate All
Felidae..................Ignored...............................Ate Some
California Natural.Ignored...............................Ate Some
Nutro Natural .......Frantically drinks all gravy...Ate All

Kitty is SO picky. She loves the Nutro Natural gravy, but I wish she would eat the chunks too. She loves pieces of meat or fish when I eat them...there must be something she'd eat.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I have the done the same thing. and the only wet food Tierney will consistantly eat, is Fancy Feast! I know it's horrible, but his dry food is one of the best out there.. so I figure at least he is getting some wet food.

We went to the vet today, and he is perfectly healthy, and his coat is shinny and soft.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'm sorry I don't know how to help.

Did you try mixing 2 brands together? Maybe that would help and there is nothing wrong with it.

thanks god our cats are not picky. They eat any kind of wet food I give them.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
You should try Pet Gold Elite. It is sold at Petcoin little cans with a black top. It comes in about 4 flavors, my cats like Tuna with Crab Surimi, and Tuna with Rice and Calamari. It is a hig quality food the ingredients are just tuna, crab, vitamin e, and water. My cats go CRAZY over it, more than any other brand I have tried....I think it would be worth a shot :D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Ianthe said:
You should try Pet Gold Elite. It is sold at Petcoin little cans with a black top. It comes in about 4 flavors, my cats like Tuna with Crab Surimi, and Tuna with Rice and Calamari. It is a hig quality food the ingredients are just tuna, crab, vitamin e, and water. My cats go CRAZY over it, more than any other brand I have tried....I think it would be worth a shot :D
Hmmm....don't forget about the fish......Fish is not the healthiest choice...

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hmmm....don't forget about the fish......Fish is not the healthiest choice...
Yeah, I know......but the only other wet food they will eat that is not fish is Fancy Feast.........so it is sort of the lesser of 2 evils :roll:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Some of mine are a little pickier but all of them love Eagle Pack. Active Life is another one they all go nuts for.
I wonder if she would eat the Nutro if you mashed up the chunks for her?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm....sounds like I'll have to add Pet Gold Elite, Eagle Pack and Active Life to the taste test.

opokki said:
I wonder if she would eat the Nutro if you mashed up the chunks for her?
She doesn't seem to like the pureed stuff. But it can't hurt...I'll try that too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Sid won't eat chunks either - he would just lick up all the gravy. All I did was to smoosh the chunks into the gravy and make it into a paste. Hope that helps!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts