Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just found a stray Aug 12. We immediately took her to the vet. She tested negative for everything and got her shots. She is over 6 months old. She tilts her head to the right and leans her whole body that way too. When she shakes her head she falls over. She only weighed 4.2 lbs when we found her. She is definitely putting on weight. The vet said she might have eaten a green beetle or frog to cause the leaning but if she did the effects would wear off in 3-4 days. It is now day 6 and she still leans. She has an appt to go back to the vet friday for this. But has anyone else had this and do you know what caused it. Any suggestions as to what to ask the vet to test for? Have your cats lived long well adjusted lives with this.
Please help
Thank you!

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
We also had a rescued stray that had a severe head tilt. Unfortunately, he also had a major upper respiratory and sinus infection, and did not survive long enough to properly diagnose and treat him. The vet gave us several possibilities for his condition:

- Trauma/neurological damage (can't be treated, only managed)

- Inner ear infection (must be treated, will worsen)

- Vestibular disease (also must be treated asap)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for your kitty. The vet has ruled out an ear infection. He didn't really give any other indication of what the problem might be. This kitty is gaining weight but has no interest in exploring her surroundings or in playing. She loves to cuddle and to be held. She eats real good and uses the litterbox with no problems. Will hope for the best!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Cybeeb: I could be wrong, though I don't think I am, as I formally responded to you but.
Didn't you already make a post about this. Where you got many replies, and if so. Why are you posting the same exact thing again?
It's a bit of a hard situation not many people have had experienced with as was answered before. Keep looking though. And good luck at the vet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loved the story about Finch. What a fighter! Hope he continues to do well. Sorry to hear about the other kitty.
I am definitely going to have blood work done Friday. Also we are going to take in urine for testing. I am hoping for the best. And that one day she can be integrated with all of our other cats. For now we think its best to keep her seperate so no one picks on her.
I definitly got some ideas on questions to ask the vet. I thank you all so much.
Thanks for the inquiry Angelzoo. Yes, I did post before but only got 4 replies and none as helpful as what I am getting now. Before I got nothing I could ask the vet about. I know not many people have experience with this but surely somebody has and is willing to share.
Thanks for the well wishes at the vet. Will be sure to let everyone know what the vet says.
Thanks again to everyone. And if anybody has any other suggestions I would still appreciate it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dylansmummy,
We have one cat who has seizures. He is treated with phenobarbital twice a day. Would love to hear about your homeopathic treatments for seizures. We also have a diabetic cat who is on insulin. Any thoughts?
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts