Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL, just thought I'd see if anyone else is a Trekkie? IE: Live Long and Prosper? Spock? Kirk? Picard? Sisko? Janeway? Riker? Kira? Phasers? Enterprise? Voyager? DS9? Defiant? Photon Torpedo? Klingon? Romulan?

OK, I could go on all night, but you get the point.

So, any Trekkies? :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Spock is soooo dreamy....and I love T'Paul---although not enough to get through a whole Enterprise episode. I find the other characters flat and juvenile. Sigh...I guess if it's not Vulcan, it doesn't do it for me... :lol:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spock Rocks.
Tuvok Groves.
T'Pol Falls. Short, that is.

:D

ENTERPRISE is such a suck-tastic show. Ah well, with B&B what can be expected? Those two no talent hacks wouldn't know good entertainment if it beat them lifeless. Which, I'd like to do by the way. Beat them lifeless.

I miss Gene. I miss D.C. Fontana. I miss Justman. I miss Ira Behr most of all. He was the genius behind DS9.

*Sigh*

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aye, but Kirk was a Jerk, too.

Now Ben Sisko. There's a Captain. More combat that Kirk could have hoped for. A ship that'd make you **** yourself with fear. Command of a station that can take on 100 Klingon ships at once and survive. Waged war with the Dominion. Emissary to the Prophets concieved by them even! Worked his way up, two XO posts as Lt.Cmdr, WOLF 359 veteran, CMDR to CAPTAIN in 3 years. All while raising a son alone and pursuing a relationship. AND he did hand to hand. :D

·
Registered
651 Posts
Shhh... be very quiet....we're moralizing! :lol: We're so boring and preachy! Let's go file some books!!

And that Captain Janeway! Arg! If she's not a repressed librararian, who is? :lol:

I also didn't like Tuvok. He was like Erkle with pointy ears. I just didn't buy him. He seemed more dorky than deep. But really, who could compare with Spock...

How awful we were! This was supposed to be a Trekkie thread, and now we're trashing Trek! What have we done?!?!? :lol:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I loved Voyager, DS9, TNG, TOS. Enterprise sucks, though.

I do agree, TNG was too prudish. VGR had some problems, but nothing worth fussing over. I love that show. DS9 rocked. TOS rocked too, but is too dated.

And we're not trashing. We're being honest. :)

I've met many, many (most) of the cast members, too.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I am a proud purist! I love the original Star Trek only (although I love Scott Bakula, I have to remain true to the original!) I love Spock. And, I TOUCHED and HELD the transmitter Scotty used to get beamed up. Too bad I can't share that. An acquaintance got it at a convention. To be more accurate about jerkdom, William Shatner is a jerk; Captain Kirk is ok. Spock--I'm in love with his brain! My son is much more knowledgable than I am. He knows every episode, owns all the movies, etc.

Hey, Kristi, you and me! High five! :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Transmitter: Transporter. And Scotty didn't get beamed up much, he BEAMED people up. :p

I've met them all, so I know much about Fandom and Jerkdom. :lol:

TOS
William Shatner - Captain Kirk
Leonard Nimoy, Book Signing - Mr. Spock
James Doohan - Scotty
George Takei (Twice) - Mr. Sulu
Walter Keonig (Four Times) - Mr. Checkov
Nicelle Nichols - Lt. Uhurah
Grace Lee Rand - Yeoman Rand
Judson Scott - Khan's Son, ST:2

Just Autographs, Never Met:
Ricardo Montalban - Khan
Mark Leonard - Sarek
Alan Ruck - Captain Harrimen
Christopher Plummer - General Chang

TNG
Patrick Stewart - Captain Picard
Micheal Dorn - Lt. Worf
Marina Sirtis - Counselor Troi
Gates McFadden - Dr. Crusher
Denise Crosby - Tasha Yar/Sela
The Durass Sister's
John De Lancie - Q
Robert O'Rielly - Gowron (Twice)

Levar Burton - La Forge
Jonathan Frakes - Riker
Brent Spiner - Data
Wil Wheaton - Wes Crusher
Whoopi Goldberg - Guinan
Alfre Woodard - Lily, First Contact
Michelle Forbes - Ro Laren
Diana Muldar - Dr. Paulaski

DS9
Avery Brooks - Captain Sisko
Nana Visitor - Kira (Twice)
Micheal Dorn - Lt.Cmdr. Worf
Rene Auberjonis - Odo (Twice)
Alexander Siddig - Dr. Bashir (Twice)
Armin Shimmerman - Quark
Andrew J.Robinson - Garak (Twice)
Marc Alaimo - Gul Dukat
Casey Biggs - Damar
Jeffery Combs - Weyoun/Brunt
J.G. Hertzler - Martok (Twice)
Robert O'Rielly - Gowron (Twice)
Max Grodenchiek - Grand Nagus Rom
Aron Eisenberg - Lieutenant [J.G.] Nog
Chase Masteron - Leeta
James Horran - Ikat'Ika

Terry Farrell - Jadzia Dax
Nicole DeBoer - Ezri Dax
Colm Meany - Chief O'Brien
Cirroc Lofton - Jake Sisko
Salome Jens - Female Founder

VGR
Kathryn Janeway - Captain Janeway
Tim Russ - Tuvok
Robert Duncan McNiel - Lt. Tom Paris
Roxann Dawson - Torres
Robert Picardo - The Doctor (Twice)
Ethan Phillips - Neelix (Twice)
Garret Wang - Ensign Kim
Richard Herd - Admiral Paris

Robert Beltran - Chakotay
Jennifer Lien - Kes
Jeri Ryan - Seven of Nine

ENT
Connor Trineer - Trip
James Horan - Future Guy

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'm a big fan of all the series', they're all different in so many ways. For some reason I like DS9 the best, but the last few seasons of Next Gen were really great too. It seems to be that people either love the shows, or hate 'em, there's not much middle ground. I hope to own them all on DVD someday.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DS9 ROCKS. Tis my favorite. I've got all 7 years on DVD. :D

By this time, next year, I'll have all 7 years of VGR and the first 5 of TNG. One set a month for the next 12 months. After that, 2005, I'll have the last two of TNG and all three of TOS on DVD in box sets - they put all of TOS on individual discs, but no one really bought, lol, we're all waiting for the box sets. 8)

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
McPurry, I'm not challenging your expertise, but Scotty occasionally went to the site also. But of course he usually beamed them up. Even people who never watched the program, know that quote--"Beam me up, Scotty!" As for William Shatner, as you probably know, he thought anyone who went to the conventions ought to get a life. Well, that show made him rich. He should be grateful. Now that he's getting a bit rotund and not a leading man anymore, he's singing a different song.

I particularly like the character of Scotty because most of my family was born in Scotland. He did the accent extremely well, and played a colorful character. Of course noone compared to Spock, in my eyes. His intelligence appealed to me. Perhaps I'm not a real Trekkie in your eyes. I just watched the program any time it was on, but I had responsibilities as a mother, and couldn't afford to take the time or money to go to conventions. It would have been nice, of course.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone who recognizes Trek and/or it's characters for how great they/it are, is a trekkie to me. Hehe. Just was saying most times he did the beaming, not went with. Hehehe.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Live long and prosper, McFurry, and long may your lum reek wi' other folks' coal! (Long may your chimney smoke with other people's coal-meaning you didn't have to pay for it-an old Scottish saying wishing the best. The joke used to be that the Scots were tight with money!)

·
Registered
162 Posts
VGR
Kathryn Janeway - Captain Janeway
You met Captain Janeway as a guest star on the show. :lol:

Kate Mulgrew - Captain Kathryn Janeway is what you meant I think.

I got into Trek with my first theatre experience, The Wrath of Khan. Since then I have been a big fan of the TOS movies. Started watching the TOS episodes and liked them as well. TNG never really grew on me until Generations (still one of the best movies). I have since watched just about all the TNG shows. I never saw a single episode of DS9 but am looking forward to the network reruns. Voyager was probably my all time favorite trek...missed the first two seasons then went back and re-watched (anyone seeing a pattern here). ;)

In order to break the pattern, I have been watching Enterprise since day one. While I will admit that Season 1 and 2 were less than impressive (Voy and TNG weren't that great at 1 or 2 either), Season 3 has been excellent. One only need watch Simlitude to see that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts