Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have a cat named Lancelot who seems to prefer to eat one large meal a day rather then 2-3 small ones. I will put down breakfast and he MAYBE takes a bite or two, maybe. Sometimes just walks away entirely. But at dinner he seems content to eat as much as I put in front of him, it is weird! I do a combo of ground a frankenprey and it doesn't seem to matter what I serve when. He will eat 2-3 oz of ground, 2 drummets and a huge chunk of liver all in one sitting at dinner if I let him. The ground being what he snubbed for breakfast. (or even if I put out RMB for breakfast, he is just kind of, meh. The n eats that plus the ground dinner all at once). Anyone else ever had a cat like this? Any reason this could be detrimental to him?

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Maybe after that big dinner, he's simply not hungry first thing in the morning. My girls usually ignore their breakfast for the few minutes I'm with them, but it's always gone when I get home.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It should be fine to feed your cat once a day. It is recommended to feed adult cats once or twice a day. When I am away for several days, my cat sitter comes to my house once a day and that's when my cats eat.
When I am home, I feed them twice daily. My older cat sometimes skips breakfast as if she is full or bored of the meal that comes out every day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My normal feeding schedule is three meals a day. Breakfast before I leave for work, dinner as soon as I get home, snack right before bedtime.

The only meal Lancelot eats in full with gusto regularly is dinner.

Unfortunately I can't just leave it out and head to work, I have 2 cats, and the other one (named Figaro) we comonly refer to at Fatty. If I just put down breakfast and left Lancelot would ignore it or possibly eat one or two bites, and then Figaro would polish off his breakfast and Lancelots. Resulting eventually in one very overweight Figaro.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts