Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
putting on some kitty boots, headgear, and outfit just popped into my mind this morning and i thought that would be an awesome idea for halloween :).

if you have done this where did you get them at?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I havent seen any around...i'm sure they sell it somewhere ..most likely online...thatd be cute dressing up my cat...doubt **** take it knowing him...he'll rip it up!..i'll dress up as shrek for halloween and **** be puss n boots! they LOOK and ACT like eachother! haha.. :D btw...Happy 4th of july guys!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
To be perfectly honest I think it's degrading to put clothes on any animal. Sure it might look cute, but no... that's just not me.

So I'd vote no, would never do that to my cats... they'd kill me. :D

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Any of the outfits they sell in Petsmart or Petco for dogs work for cats,too!!! :D Size x-small, small, or medium (depending on the size of your cat) Gaylord has been wearing clothes his whole life, and actually seems to enjoy it :lol: He has quite a few t shirts and a couple sweaters, and even a bath robe :lol: He is VERY stylish. However, try to put clothes on Ashley....BIG MISTAKE 8O So, it all depends on your cat..like I said, I started Gaylord when he was a baby. On a side note, my dog, Howie, has more outfits than I do......and when you take one out of his drawer, he gets SOOOOO excited. He ADORES his clothes :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
651 Posts
I think clothes are fine as long as the pet doesn't mind. Why would they mind that any more than a collar, after all? Our greyhound has a few shirts and wraps for winter. I've never clothed the cats, except for Xander--I bought him a little baby shirt after his surgery to cover his stitches... but he didn't like it, so I took it off. ;)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I've never tried clothes on my cats, but my sisters dog loves clothes! He has all kinds. He hates those boots though. She put them on him and he walked soooo funny it was hard to not laugh at him! He wanted them off right away!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I can't remember if I have ever tried to dress my cat up or not. Mostly because I didn't have clothing that would fit him. I do know one thing - if you want to dress them up - you have to try dressing them when they are very young. I used to dress up my lop ear rabbit! She was a really good sport - she even held still while I put doll clothes on her. =P I think it's a lot of fun dressing up animals - as long as they tolerate it.

The only time I ever dressed my pets out of necessity was my Weenie dogs... and it was winter time. Those little things have tiny coats - and get chilled pretty easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts