Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was visiting my boyfriend's parents this weekend and their dog had an asthma attack. It has been happening occasionaly for the past few months and they are unsure of what sets it off. They haven't brought the dog to the vet since this started happening and I imagine they will soon. They just werent' sure if anything could be done for her. Anyone have any experience with this?

BTW- The dog is about 2 years old and is extremely hyper. It is a very nervous dog too, but then warms up quickly to you. When the dog was rescued it was only 4 pounds and when they got it was 7 pounds and now it is a healthy 12 pounds. It is a small dog...can't remember the breed. Maybe a minature pinscher?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
If they haven't had the dog to a vets, how do they know its asthma??

To properly diagnose asthma in our pets, they need a chest xray. What are the dogs symptoms when he has an 'attack'?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well they weren't positive but they had their suspicisions. Moxy was sitting on my boyfriends lap and then out of nowhere she started to make that sound/motion like a cat does when it has a hairball. It lasted for about a minute and poor Moxy was shaking afterwards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts