Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jordie, extremely needy. I love, it. But at the same time she is neediest,, when,i am eating reading, which i don't mind so, much... The part i do mind is her sticking her nose into my yogurt or milk. Not because i hate sharing, but because it's not the best for her to eat am I right? Anyone else have a needy cat? It's, that she's needy, especially since she might be a therapy cat for ptsd.

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
Poor Jordie, she probably just enjoys the attention. Given enough time, she may calm down some. Milk is not good for cats. Every once Ina while Winston gets to lick my sons cereal bowl, he leaves just a little bit for Winston as a treat.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I really want what's best for this cat

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I agree with what Jetlaya said about regular milk.
Plain Yogurt,
( with NO added sugars or sweetners of any kind including honey, or flavors,)
CAN be shared!
So Jordie can have a treat along with you!
Just a little bit tho! :p

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yay thank you

·
Banned
693 Posts
I too have a feral that we tamed; I think someone dumped him. He is BEYOND needy.
He needs a lap from the time we get up till we go to bed; he is very vocal when he comes in to let us know he is there and ready for attention...and the thing that bugs me the most is he HAS TO sleep either on me, touching me, has a part of him somewhere on me...ALL night long. I get so hot and move him and he is right back.
I feel your pain.
Unsweetened, plain yogurt is not horrible. I would not give a cat anything with sweeteners or fruits.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Well, my Annie LOVED, LOVED, LOVED strawberry yogurt! Whenever I ate it I would give her a separate spoonful of it, which wasn't often, then let her lick the cup.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Both of my cats LOVE yogurt (almost as much as their raw chicken) - the younger one, Newton, in particular. I feed them a tiny bit whenever I'm having some myself. As for the needy part, when it comes to their favourite foods, I'm sure all but the most disciplined of cats would fall into the same 'needy' category ;) I still remember trying to get Newt to recognize the difference between people food vs. cat food when I first took her in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts