Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cats are not big fans of me putting my hands near their mouths. I will slowly try to acclimate them to it so that I can brush their teeth. I'm not optimistic, especially about miss sassy pants, my calico.

However, I also noticed that CET has a gel/rinse. Has anyone used these? It seems like they would be easier to use.

I've tried the chews as well, but one of my cats only has about 1/3 of his teeth or less, so it doesn't work too well for him.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I don't have experience with it. I brush their teeth every second day and I use Oxyfresh Pet Oral Hygiene Solution which I mix with their water. I bought it at the vet but don't know how good it is. Some time ago I asked here how good these solutions are but haven't received answers. I guess people don't use them too often.... At the end, brushing the teeth is the best think I believe.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got some of the rinse yesterday. It doesn't seem noticeably easier to use. You have to lift the upper lift and then stream it onto their teeth / into their mouth. Still, I may try it daily along with my incredibly half-assed brushing techniques.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
The rinse stuff kind of scares me. The ones I have seen are antibacterial and I keep worrying about building up antibiotic/antiseptic resistance in my cats' mouths. I think it would be helpful for the short-term though, until your cats are more used to having their teeth brushed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts