Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went out to a fairly new Italian restaurant that we have here in town last night. I ordered one of my favorites - Chicken Marsala. I've tried this in about 3 different restaurants but I liked this one the best so far. I pretty much know what is in the sauce - fresh mushrooms, white wine, cream and garlic - but I've heard that the trick to making the sauce is cooking it down and condensing it properly. Does anyone know a good way to do this? I would love to make this dish at home once in a while if I could just figure out the proportions of the ingredients and how long to cook it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
You forgot the marsala! If you want to thicken the sauce, you can do this a couple of ways. One is to coat pats of butter with flower and then add them to the sauce to thicken it. You can ALSO just add a bit of flower or you can go with the reduction method. When I make chicken marsala, I use the coated butter method because it yields the richest / best tasting results.

Having written a cookbook I tend to have just a FEW secrets! :lol:

·
Registered
998 Posts
shengmei said:
Stir constantly?

My fiance is the cook in our relationship. I'll go ask him :D
I'm confused!!!!! You said you are BROKE so, how can you afford FOOD??!!

qualcosa sente l'odore di di pesce e non è i miei shorts di 22 anni neanche! :lol: :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts