Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took in this stray cat, she just had kittens on saturday. anyone know what breed momma is? shes black with yellow/green eyes and has a white spot on her chest, lower belly and one arpit. 8)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YESS! the cat in the link looks practically identical to her!

you just cant see her white patches in the pic!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Domestic shorthair. You can get a shorthaired black cat MANY different ways -- no guarantee that it's a Bombay. Bombays are fairly rare still, and reputable breeders don't let their Bombays go around mating with stray cats. ;) A Bombay might not look like a specific breed, but it is just as specific as any other, with a specific body type, head shape, eye shape, eye color, and coat. Your cat's face shape, eye shape, and body type are very different from a Bombay -- which have a very rounded look about them, and have compact bodies like a Burmese. Your gorgeous baby looks just like a beautiful domestic shorthair.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i was noticing the roundness of the bombay head. isabel has a much more angled, almost acorn shaped head. shes sucha cutie pie. sad to think that someone abandoned her. i've only had her for ab a month. i live in an apt and a former tenant moved out and left her cat behind. just very wrong, but shes with me now and i will never abandon her, shes my baby! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts