Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever i go to sleep, my kitten insists on always going under my blanket and leaning her body against my waist... at first it's sort of nice and all but i get stiff and get woken up every so often during the night!

i really have no choice tho because i have to go to work early in the morn :(

G

·
0 Posts
My cats don't sleep in my bedroom at night. When I just had one cat, she meowed at my door all night, but once I got her some playmates that stopped.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My cat Cheyenne sleeps right between the pillows at night. With some visits from Teddy sleeping behind my legs, and Oreo coming to check on me to see if I'll pet of(if not, he's gone lol)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
My kittens has had to adapt to the fact that we sleep in a closed bedroom at night. The bedroom is off limit for them during all hours of the day. No screaming or anything like that when we go to bed.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Addison usually stays out of my way while I sleep, but sometimes I roll over and kind of lay on him until he wakes me up yelling at me. Then he moves somewhere else that I'll end up on top of him :roll:

I leave my door open most of the time, but my brother (who hates the cat) tries to close it before he goes to bed. One night he did this not realizing the cat was not in my room. I didn't hear anything (maybe because I was dead asleep) until about 4am when he was howling. I ignored it assuming he was in my room until my mom came down the hall and opened the door asking why I locked him out! I felt really bad that day :cry:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
My cats have always slept in my room, on my bed. I have a harder time sleeping if they are NOT there, becaause it seems like something is missing.......AND they scream at the door, and Gaylord tries to open it with his paws :roll:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
When Barnaby was a kitten he used to curl up against me and I couldn't sleep well because I was always afraid I would roll onto him so I used to lock him out. Now when he sleeps on the bed he lays down at the bottom in his own space. Every once in a while when I'm rolling over I end up kicking him and I always feel bad about that. :(

·
Registered
882 Posts
I do..

Well every now and then if I'm feeling adventerous I leave the door open and Kiera will come in and bug me, but overall, I need to kick her out or else I won't sleep. I'm a really light sleeper so noses in my face, the "thud" when she jumps on or off the bed.. it really disrupts my sleep and I need to get up early too.

I just got a bigger bed, and there is space to climb underneath, so I there is more places for Kiera to poke around, and enough space that she could sleep on the bed with me if she wanted, but usually I have to kick her out at some point or I won't get a good night's rest.

Usually she is ok... only starts meowing at the door the next morning and wants to play the whole time I am getting ready for work!

-Heather :)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Tierney has always slept with us, and now Teagan does too.. We have locked Tierney out sometimes when he just to wild.

Tierney usually sleeps right between us, and Teagan sleeps on top of our nightstand.

Works well for us!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Assumpta has free run of the house, sleeps with us at night (and takes up the better part of a king-size bed). Occasionally, she gets locked out of the bedroom at 4AM (she's convinced that breakfast should be as early as possible), but that's almost as bad as having her bopping my nose.

I have this terrible bedside lamp that my mother-in-law gave me, and I can't stand it. Every morning, Assumpta starts knocking one book at a time off my nightstand until she can get to the lamp and knock that off. Despite my best efforts, that lamp *still* hasn't broken yet :twisted:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hehehe you want to break that lamp and you are a "Gudewife"!? *grin* Just teasing!

I like to let my cats in the room even if I don't sleep because of it. In the winter, Samhain pats at my face to let her inside the blankets, so she is constantly keeping me up. And Psi just likes to walk on you, so that keeps me up too. Sigma, though, I usually have to kick him out at about 6am when he starts to get genki and jump on everything in the room and knock stuff down. I don't turn up an opportunity to have a kitty sleeping with me tho, ever! So, I don't lock them out unless they are going bonkers.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
It's sounding like I'm one of the lucky ones. Barnaby has never climbed on me or tried to lay on me or got in my face, and just the short time I've had Baxter so far he has come in meowing but stops when I shout at him to be quiet. Occasionally I've found a toy mouse on the bed in the morning but very seldom. I'd say the Barnaby has woken me up meowing or playing maybe a dozen times in 4 years. I also sleep with a fan running all the time and I'm sure that helps cover up any cat noise. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
My cat doesn't sleep during the nights until very late..maytbe around 3 or 4...he just plays or walks around till then...when he does slep eveyr night it is somewhere different...sometimes on the couch or he goes under the rug...but if i did lock him out i'd prolly hear him jumping up and hitting the door like he does..

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Kitty used to be a perfect bedmate. She would curl up in between my arm and my body and I'd pet her untill I fell asleep. Then she'd move down and sleep next to my feet.

Now, Kitty tries to come to bed, but Thomas attacks her until she leaves. The he proceeds to try to convince me to play, bringing toy mice for me to throw for him. Once he's decided Kitty is not coming back and I'm not going to play anymore he leaves...and I sleep alone. He usually comes back in the middle of the night and I wake up in the morning with him curled up next to me.

Sometimes though I wake up in the morning laying on one or more little plastic mice...very uncomfortable. Guess Thomas wants to see if I'll play when I'm sleeping.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My husband wakes at the sound of their bells. We keep bells on them because we like to know where they are at any given time.

We have a large laundry room with a window. Access to their litter box is in there and their food and water and comfy blankets are in there too. Every night when we go to be we tell them to get in their room and they run right in. Never a problem. We've been doing this since they were kittens. I think they actually like it in there. They lay on the washer and dryer a lot and look out the window. Often I find them in there on their own free will.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Our cats always slept with us in our bed. I can't imagine sleeping without them!

Dunga & Maugli are usually on my pillow, next to me and Yoda sleeps sometimes on the pillow and sometimes on our legs.

They (Dunga) wake me up every morning around 6 to get fed. I usually kick them out of the bedroom untill 7:30 when I wake up and feed them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Otis always slept right beside me on the bed, cuddled up tight. Then Jazz came along and night time has become playtime. They seem to have really irregular schedules - some nights they want to cuddle, some they want to play - so my door is always open for cuddling, but if they forget the "no playing on Mom's bed" rule, then they get locked out. Usually it only takes half an hour, then i can open it and have two babies ready for cuddles - Otis on one side of me, and Jazz on the other. I'm a kitty sandwich filling :lol:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I couldn't imagine letting my kitties on the other side of the door. They are very well behaved.
Playing with kitties several times a day and before going to bed will ensure a good night's sleep

1 - 20 of 43 Posts