Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at first it was fine when we had one kitten sleeping with us but now that we have 2, I seem to be getting less and less sleep. They both need a lot of attention and I feel like I spend haft the night petting them. If I don't pet them they just walk all over us and won't be still until we pet them and then they fall asleep. I guess they are spoiled but now I am re-thinking this whole sleeping arangment. Any advice?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Thats interesting. I have always let all three sleep with me. They usually just sleep. The only time they bother me at all is for breakfast :?

·
Registered
821 Posts
I WANT to let my cats sleep with me, but my boyfriend always locks them out of our bedroom. :(

·
Registered
245 Posts
I try to let our cat sleep with us, but husband kicks her out because she knows exactly what time he gets up and if he is not up, or if she decides he should get up, she sits on the bedside table and stares at him and meows, and she knows how to turn on our alarm (no kidding) so she will resort to that also. She has also been known to knock the lamp off the table too. She does this all because when she is ready to eat, she is ready.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Thomas and Kitty used to be like that too, mostly Thomas. He used to climb all over me, lick my nose and eyes (yuck), and do those flying attack leaps right onto me. I always ignored him, except for the face licking that was too gross, I just pulled the covers over my head. By the time he was 7 months old, he knew that if I was asleep he wasn't going to get any attention no matter what he did, so he stopped trying. From then on until about 2 months ago, he would come and visit me in bed, but really didn't sleep with me or spend much time there. Now though, he seems to be sleeping more at night. He's turned into the cutest cuddler.

Kitty used to keep me up asking for petting too, but never as persistant as Thomas. Once I was asleep she'd leave me alone but if I was awake she'd keep pushing at my hand for petting, even when I was trying to sleep. I learned to fake snoring so that she would think I was asleep and go to sleep herself. :wink:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yep.. at least one of them sleeps with us almost everynight.. usually Tierney.. Teagan hasn't really been able to get on the bed on her own yet.. Teagan doesn nap with me on the couch all the time though.

I love when they sleep with us.. It's great

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I don't want the cats to sleep with me. I wake easily and I also have a tracheotomy tube on my neck and don't want to risk anyone of them getting a bit too close. The arrangement we have with the closed bedroom door works fine, only problem is in the summer when it gets so hot. I want more airflow in the apartment so I might buy a portable AC for the bedroom.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I let Mammers sleep with me, and actually prefer it that way. He usually doesn't fall asleep with me, but at some point in the night he often crawls up and curls up to sleep beside me. I never notice, and wake up to a fuzzy, purry little buddy beside me.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
I let all my cats sleep with me if they wish. Butch and vienna will sleep under the quilt with me. My b/f took a picture of vienna aswell on me in a really cute way... but i was in bed, and so it isnt really suitable to post ;)

·
Registered
983 Posts
I let Marsh sleep with me if he wants :) From when he came home to about 5 months of age, he slept every night, all night on my second pillow, it was sooo sweet. :p But i'm a nervous mom and was thinking i'd bump or roll on him, since i love to toss and turn at night.

So our new arrangement is that he sleeps at the foot of my bed, on my chair. Then he comes to snuggle around 6am, and purrs sleeping right in my face for an hour or so before i feed him.

One thing i love about him, he's not obsessed about food and would never make any loud noise or meow at the top of his lungs to wake me up. He knows, when i get up, that's when the food will come :D

:p

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Yeah with the foo dmy cats are like that. They wont wake me up for food, but once I get out of bed they will start meowing to be fed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's what I want, a cat who will sleep beside me at night. My parents' two cats would never subject themselves to that. Angel sleeps by my brother's head once in a while, but absolutely won't sleep on my bed - I think because of the dog. I want some kitty love. :cry:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Envy sleeps under the covers with me, Chaos sleeps on top of the covers between me and my Fiance. They don't bother us at all during the night or in the morning unless they decide to start chasing each other and running on top of the bed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yep, both cats come and go from our bed and do lots of cuddling. They seem to wander back and forth from our son's bed to ours. My son LOVES when he climbs into bed and a kitty climbs up and curls up on top of his feet.
For the first few years we had our cat, he was Awful about chewing on my hair, my fingers, playing and keeping me up, but he grew out of it. Now that we've gotten the kitten, our cat cuddles in bed a whole lot more than before.
My kitten, Windslow, never kept me up at night - he sleeps most of the night and stays up more during the day.
Windslow, who follows me everywhere, can tell when I'm getting ready for bed and we have a cute nightly ritual that always ends in a nice cuddle session. Every night, when he thinks it's "time", he races back and forth between me and the stairs, heading halfway up then returning to my feet and returning to the stairs again, chortling incessantly the whole time like "Come ON, lets go cuddle!! It's bedtime!".

·
Registered
130 Posts
Every night i go into the bedroom MIka is laying there waiting for us to come in.. so she gets up waits for us to lay down and then lays down with us. Then king jumps up n lays between us or on my back since i sleep on my stomach. Baby usually sleeps out in the living room shes not much for sleeping on the bed with us all.. But then again she is pregnant so she probably wouldn't be very comfortable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My kitty also likes attention in the middle of the night. What I've figured out is if you play with her right before bedtime and tire her out she will just sleep on the bed the rest of the night. She loves her sleep! For a time, she used to bite on the face (and purr at the same time) if I didn't wake up. I just ignored her and she stopped.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm a pretty heavy sleeper, so I don't notice as Dusty comes and goes during the night. We moved at the end of May and he wouldn't sleep with us at all at first. But he started visiting us during the night again about a week or so ago.

Usually, he sleeps right on my feet or legs. And yes, there have been incidents where he has been violently booted off the bed :oops: - by accident, of course! He never gets upset - he'll either hop back up or decide he didn't want to be there anyways! :lol:

Hubby doesn't really mind if he sleeps with us. Dusty only sleeps on me anyways, so he really doesn't get disturbed...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts