Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember someone posting saying they were trying out the SBD. I got this notice in a daily e-mail from them, if this applies to anyone...

A national women's magazine is looking to interview women who have lost 50 pounds or more on the South Beach Diet. If this sounds like you, e-mail your story (plus your name, age, and geographic location) as soon as possible to [email protected].

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
That was me. :)

I've lost 9 pounds. Only 51 more to go!

I get "The Daily Dish" too. They used to state that you had to be between the ages of 28 and 50 and have lost at least 100 lbs in order to participate, but I guess they changed that.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I am on SBD too.
I've lost 30 pounds since August!!
Not enought for the article. :roll:
I have quite a bit more to go.

Anyway,I also post on a SBD forum and there are a few who have lost 50 pounds and one woman just lost 100 pounds...I think that is awsome!! :)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
The South Beach Diet.

Most people equate it to Atkins because of the low-carb approach, but it's quite a bit different. It's rules are: consume the right carbs and the right fats and learn to snack strategically. It was originally developed to help people lower their levels of cholesterol and triglycerides and lower their risk of pre-diabetes. Weight-loss is a side-effect. This diet is doubly beneficial to me because I am pre-disposed to diabetes because it is on both sides of my family. Following the diet is helping me lose weight and is lowering my chances of developing Type 2 diabetes.

What's funny is my cat is diabetic (the adult-onset type) and the food I buy him is SBD compatible. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts