Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Oh my gosh, yes I remember! Our favorite game was to chase each other in a figure 8 going around the twirlers and jumping through the rope trying to catch the other one. Many scraped knees came from that game! :lol:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
That was INSANE!

My 1st and only contact with a skipping rope (as they are known in the UK), ended up with a black eye (mine) and a broken window (neighbours)...

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cinderella
dressed in yella
went upstairs to kiss a fella
made a mistake
and kissed a snake
How many Doctors did it take?

Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack
All dressed in black, black, black
With silver buttons, buttons, buttons
All down her back, back, back
She asked her mother, mother, mother
For fifty cents, cents, cents
To see the elephant, elephant, elephant
Jump the fence, fence fence
They jumped so high, high, high
They touched the sky, sky, sky
And didn't come back, back, back
Till the fourth of July, July, July!

A my name is ALICE, my husband's name is AL, we live in ALABAMA and we bring back APPLES.
B my name is BETTY, my husband's name is BEN, we live in BERMUDA and we bring back BUGS.
C my name is CAROL, my husband's name is CARL, we live in COLORADO and we bring back CRABS.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I'm sorry this isn't a skipping rhyme, but did anyone else notice the crowd shot 1/3rd in? One guy was bouncing up and down clapping along, and the guy next to him looked like he'd died of bordem :lol:

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Huge said:
I'm sorry this isn't a skipping rhyme, but did anyone else notice the crowd shot 1/3rd in? One guy was bouncing up and down clapping along, and the guy next to him looked like he'd died of bordem :lol:
I saw that! I thought it was funny as heck!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Heidi n Q said:
Cinderella
dressed in yella
went upstairs to kiss a fella
made a mistake
and kissed a snake
How many Doctors did it take?

Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack
All dressed in black, black, black
With silver buttons, buttons, buttons
All down her back, back, back
She asked her mother, mother, mother
For fifty cents, cents, cents
To see the elephant, elephant, elephant
Jump the fence, fence fence
They jumped so high, high, high
They touched the sky, sky, sky
And didn't come back, back, back
Till the fourth of July, July, July!

A my name is ALICE, my husband's name is AL, we live in ALABAMA and we bring back APPLES.
B my name is BETTY, my husband's name is BEN, we live in BERMUDA and we bring back BUGS.
C my name is CAROL, my husband's name is CARL, we live in COLORADO and we bring back CRABS.
Yes, I sooo remember those good ole' days!! Man are these girls good with LOTS of PRACTICE!! :D :D

BTW- I forgot to mention about...Remember when you would use those ropes and they would wack ya? Man did those hurt! :lol:

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! I only watched about half of the competition video...but, wow! I had a bit of a laugh, when the second pair were skipping, the poor person in the red shorts had A LOT of trouble, and I couldn't help but giggle.
Then, when they did the double dutch speed skipping...did you notice the skippers' heads DID NOT MOVE AT ALL? 8O Amazing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts