Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I make about 2/3 of my cats raw diet, but I also buy commercial.
I recently bought some Feline's Pride (Chicken and Cornish Hen) and both of my cats do not like it.

What is your experience with Feline's Pride?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine didn't like the little samples of it I got when first starting out. When we buy some, we get Rad Cat chicken and all 3 like it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scapoose said:
Mine didn't like the little samples of it I got when first starting out. When we buy some, we get Rad Cat chicken and all 3 like it.
Good to know. My black cat loves Rad Cat Turkey. I forced my tabby brown to try Feline's Pride yesterday, then he took 2 bites himself, and that was it.

Just wondering how many of us in the forum are buying Feline's Pride.

·
Banned
2,746 Posts
I'm not sure why you would want to feed this. ?? Ground food isn't good, and there's no point in paying a ton of $$ for ground commercial food. Just feed 80-85% meat, 5-10% bone, 10% organ (half of which must be liver) as whole, real food, and you'll be doing great! No need to spend extra money for something with ingredients the cat doesn't need and for food that he doesn't even have to chew up!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feed commercial as PART of the raw diet for the reasons below:

1) In case I do not have time to make raw food. My cats are 9 months old, which means they are still growing and they should be allowed to eat as much as they want. So I decided to make every spoon of food I give them as balanced as possible. So I cut up meat, whole bird, wings, necks and other organs in small chucks for them. This can take me a half day every 2 weeks. In case I do not have time, I have commercial raw as a back up.

2) Since 2/3 of my diet is homemade, in case of bad meat, or unbalanced diet for some reason, I still have commercial to fall on to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts