Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After work I see a personal shopper (aren't I highfalutin) at Macy's for a holiday outfit she's put together for me. Then on to get 2 hostess gifts for upcoming parties. Tomorrow evening taking my dh out for his birthday dinner. Sundays we hang out together doing something/anything.

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Whoa, Miss Shari Fancy Pants!

Sundays we hang out together doing something/anything.
That's sweet!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Sounds fun!

I am coming into work tomorrow so I don't have to work on Wednesday next week. I live MD near DC and I have to drive to DE to see my parents. I drove on Wednesday the first year I lived down here. A 2 1/2 hour drive took me 5 hours. Never again. I'm driving up late Tuesday night.

Sunday, early service at church then I get to play with the toddlers during second service :)

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
I'm off to Southampton this weekend to see a friend play at a charity concert ;) Then its derby practice on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Oh, if I didn't make it clear in my last post for people outside of the US, I'm driving up to my parents' for Thanksgiving. Which is on Thursday.

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Oh its the USA Thanksgiving soon? Cool! I always do a traditional Thanksgiving dinner thing with my flatmate on the Sunday closest to the day. Don't know why. Its just fun :D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Oh its the USA Thanksgiving soon? Cool! I always do a traditional Thanksgiving dinner thing with my flatmate on the Sunday closest to the day. Don't know why. Its just fun :D
Thanksgiving is on the 25th. So the closest Sunday is the 28th!

Just so you know in the future, Thanksgiving in the USA is always the 4th Thursday of November.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have a full weekend! I will be going to dinner & HP with a group of friends tonight, shopping with more friends tomorrow, family birthday dinner tomorrow night, and cleaning/party planning/tutoring my sister in chemistry on Sunday. Somewhere in there I will probably take the kittens outside for some play time :)

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Allie! Are you going to see Hugh play? Awesome! I wish I could go, too.
Hubby and I plan on tearing up more of the kitchen. We're either going to do the backsplash and wall-tiles in the kitchen and grout or we're going to rip up the linoleum and lay down tile to grout the next day.
Work-work-work for us!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Hubby is on vacation for the next 9 days, but it's a working/holiday vacation. He's out in the garage as I type this, pounding away, moving rafters, and remodeling to make the garage a space I can set up to use as a part time studio space. Later in the week we have his family coming to stay for the holiday.

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
That's great, Geri! A studio AND a place you can stick family members this weekend. :grin:

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Me? No, I don't live in Southampton. Look at my profile ;)
Ha! I *knew* he wasn't from around here!

....our plans got side-tracked just a bit.
We noticed a problem at installation w/ the washer/dryer we had purchased, so we exchanged and bought a few steps up in brand/model and had to do some ... creative ... remodeling to the laundry closet. We purchased front-loaders and stacked them. We had to raise both the dryer plug and the hook-up for the dryer-vent to heights where the cord/plug and exhaust vent would reach w/out issues.
THEN we were able to start on the kitchen.
Since we got a late start, we didn't get much done. We also found the 45* angle on the tile-saw miter wasn't consistent and we decided we didn't want to deal with wave-y edges and have scrapped the mitered backsplash. Not sure what we're going to do to finish it now, but I think we're going to grout tomorrow and begin ripping up the lino to prep for tile. I'm hoping we can set at least half the room tomorrow. We can finish up on Monday and grout on Tuesday.
Nothing like last-minute remodeling before a holiday, right?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts