Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I shouldn't get ahead of myself. He's thrown up twice this morning, and he actually re-ate it. I've never never seen him do that. He usually covers it up and cowers in a corner in for little while.

I fed him at 8:15 this morning. Half Evo Turkey & Chicken, and half Wellness Core Turkey & Chicken liver. I don't like giving him the Evo, but I had 2 cans left and only one can of Wellness left until I get to the Pet Store in a few hours. Last time I gave him Evo only, he had diarrhea for a day. Having mixed it this time, I was hoping he'd be okay.

I noticed his tummy is still rumbly. (I can hear it *and* I can feel it.) I don't know if he's eating too fast or if I'm giving him too much at once, or if hes still got some obvious underlying issue that we didn't resolve before. (Which, let's face it, that's the truth.)

I feed him a 5.5oz can once a day, split between 3 meals. Sometimes, about once every week or so, I'll give him an extra half of a small 3oz can of Wellness sliced or cubed if he seems to be especially hungry. I do add in warm water with every meal I give him. I should add in that he's staying steady at 11lbs even.

Any ideas? Should I not worry? He's had normal poop, he's still peeing more than usual but that could be due to the extra water I'm giving him.

·
Registered
709 Posts
A few vomits (especially if he ate it again) wouldn't worry me. If he ate too fast, it was the wrong temp, that could have done it. Or possibly one of the ingredients caused an upset but the re-eating part leads me to believe if that last one was really the case he would NOT re-eat. My eldest can't handle green tripe, and vomits it and does not re-eat. Lets the other cats do it for him.. eeew.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm starting to worry more now because he hasn't eaten since this afternoon. He ate a few little bites and then walked off and is meowing like crazy. The only reason I'm even remotely worried is because of everything we went through a few months ago. This is how it all started in the beginning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts