Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat, Cookie, is 6 months old and since I got her I've been feeding her half a can of wet food twice a day. So, a whole can per day.
Recently, as in the past 2 weeks, she had a HUGE increase in appetite. She has never been a cat that begs for food, and she always left a little bit of food after each feeding which she would eventually eat (so she didn't devour everything at once). But last week her behavior started to change. She was getting anxious, restless, and eventually whiny. She started mewing and begging for food. When I did give her her meals she devoured it as if she hadn't been fed for days. She literally licked the bowl clean, spotless. She went around acting starved, so I started giving her more food. She's really been eating like crazy. I'm close to giving her almost 2 cans of food a day! What could be causing this? Or is it just normal kitten behavior since they need more food? Am I supposed to be feeding her this much? Is it too much? Too little?

Also, now that I'm looking through the threads here I noticed a lot of posts about "junk food". Most of it is against foods such as 9 Lives and Friskies. I was completely unaware of all of this. I didn't know anything about good cat food and bad cat food. I've been feeding my cat Friskies and 9 Lives. Is it really as bad as people say it is? What are the facts about these foods? Are there affordable, healthy replacements?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts