Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt want ot be rash and move it to the review forum, but I want to query it aswell.
cyberpet seem to be going thru the womanly changes, its just i mean I guess i know how she feels when my mum had it, but even tho being female myself it makes me grosse out.
I know she said dont read it if you dont like it, but we have young members here who will not take notice of that.

I dont know if it is just me being stupid, but I dunno i feel there are some things in life you dont talk about in public, and so graphically, to me this is one of them.

Maybe I am over-reacting, I dont know.
Thats why I havent touched it but came here first.
I wont be reading it anymore coz it just makes me feel sick inside, but i didnt know if others thought the same or not?

http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7814&highlight=

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
I agree with you completely, Zalensia. It's not an appropriate subject, especially in so much detail, for this forum. I moved it to Review and sent this pm to Cyperpet:
Hi, Petra, It is I, the big bad wolf---- uh, I mean Mod-- huffing and puffing at your door. I put your thread under review. I think you forgot that we have some young people reading the threads. We are completely family rated. There is nothing shameful about menopause, but I'm afraid some mothers would object to their children having so much information so young. I hope you understand.

We really treasure you as a member. I hope you realize that! :)

Jeanie
She has such a great sense of humor I thought a sem-humorous note would be best--less sting. She's such a great member.

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much jeanie.
I didnt know if I was just being silly, so I wanted to be sure before I did anything.
thanks again :)

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Here's her reply. I think she's confused about what's wrong with it. I think some countries are much more free about discussing personal things. I answered her very politely and with concern for her health. I really like her!
CyberPet
To: Jeanie
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:33 pm
Subject: Re: Review
Yes, I did suspect that it might a tough topic. But it has nothing to do with sex, and the change into menopause is as traumatic as it is for a teenager with all the hormones rushing around. I personally believe it's a good thing to learn about these things, and I'm myself learning about it. Hence my questions.

To me it is as natural as asking for a cold remedy. Maybe it's because of different upbringing, but I thought since it's a cat forum and we see all ages, someone might know some good answers, work in the field, etc. You can't find all by a google search and personal experiences are usually giving more information than a medical paper.

But if you feel it's totally off topic and doesn't belong in the forum... go ahead and delete the thread. No offence taken whatsoever. Honestly!

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh good.
In a way I feel horrible because these things I find are incredibly embarasssing, its easier to ask questions in a place where no-one can see you than to a doctor etc. Even tho doctors deal with this stuff everyday i dread asking embarassing stuff.

I understand she has lots of questions etc but I spose that is what the professionals are for :\

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I totally agree. I am a person who can discuss anything and everything in the right company, one of the fringe benefits (or curses) of being a nurse. :wink: But in an all ages forum the topic of menopause is going to be too uncomfortable for too many people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts