Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about everyone else's cats, but anytime Barnaby is begging for food, whether it be his or mine, he knows just how to put on the biggest saddest eyes, look up at me and make the most irresistible sad sounding kitten "mew". Does he actually think I'm that much of a sucker?

No.... he KNOWS I am. :lol:

And who said cats aren't smart? :eek:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nobody that I know of.... as a matter of fact, sometimes I think they are smarter than us! All they need are apposable thumbs... I know thats spelled wrong but you get my drift.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Moby sits next to me and partially closes his eyes like he's resting, but you can tell he's looking right at the food. If you leave an opening for the food he goes for it...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think that cats are very smart...I know Luxy has learned that she can get away with murder around me (including stalking me as I go up the stairs) and is a little angel around my boyfriend. She understands that I'm a softy. I think cats can read peoples emotions quite well.

·
Banned
410 Posts
I am beginning to think that I have cats attached to me or something....every time I go to the kitchen, the bathroom, or bed--I have cats with me. :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Cats are definitely NOT stupid. One day I was cleaning in my back bedroom, and shut the door behind me. Otis, one of my flame-point Siamese, began to jump up and attempt to turn the doorknob, in order to get out. Cats learn by observing, and especially from each other.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I actually store plastic carrier bags on one of my bottom kitchen units, whenever I take solids out of the litter box I will grab a bag from this cupboard, I have now noticed willow trying to open the cupboard with her paws and she knows how to do

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
When i use to keep the kittens in a particular room you will see a load of scratch marks and the door handle is super loose now where they have tried to open it.
But even more surprising was the kittens. Once we sold 3 of them, we kept the other 3, but didnt let them out until they had their injections. When vienna went out, like most normal cats you push the catflap to get out. The kittens wouldnt push it, becuase i would lock it and they couldnt, but they pulled it open instead! cats arent sposed to be able to do that!!! But the other sneaky thing was they would wait until vienna came in, and sneak out thru it as she came in!
people cant dare say cats are stooopid!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually I think it's probably the "pro-dog/anti-cat" people who say that cat's are stupid. They think because a cat can't be trained to fetch a stick that they are not smart enough to learn to do so. When in all reality, they are too smart to bother with such antics. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts