Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thawed out two chicken wings to give to the monsters today and as Wicket gnawed on his I had a thought: does freezing the wings and then defrosting them (in the fridge overnight) make them as brittle as cooking does? They still seem relatively strong but I don't want to take any chances. I can only get them in huge club packs and so had to freeze them in Ziplocs in pairs so that they didn't go bad.

Anyone? I'd love to keep giving them because both cats now really enjoy them. It took me a while to convince Wicket that they were food but he seems to have come around, and the kitten turns into a wild animal, snarling and growling over them and dragging them around into corners :D

·
Banned
952 Posts
I thawed out two chicken wings to give to the monsters today and as Wicket gnawed on his I had a thought: does freezing the wings and then defrosting them (in the fridge overnight) make them as brittle as cooking does? They still seem relatively strong but I don't want to take any chances. I can only get them in huge club packs and so had to freeze them in Ziplocs in pairs so that they didn't go bad.

Anyone? I'd love to keep giving them because both cats now really enjoy them. It took me a while to convince Wicket that they were food but he seems to have come around, and the kitten turns into a wild animal, snarling and growling over them and dragging them around into corners :D
Rest assured, Fyreflie, they're perfectly safe. :wink

AC

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Yup, it's perfectly fine. Thats exactly how I feed mine. :) Just a note though, if you do forget to put them in the fridge early enough, or if they need some more defrost time, don't ever put them in hot water to thaw...that has the potential to cook the bone.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the most I've done is a soak in warm water after they're completely dethawed to make them warmer on the outside. Good to know! They're really enjoying them. I took a photo of the kitten protecting his "kill" today, I'll post it later. He looks ferocious!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts