Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that feeding cats fish flavored canned food is not good to feed all the time as it can cause UTI issues. What about giving fish flavored treats? I am about to order some freeze dried treats and am wondering if it is safe to feed my cats Drs. Foster and Smith Salmon/Cod Fishies, Shrimp Snappies, or Pure Bites Fish treats.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I don't see the harm in feeding fish-flavored treats, since the amount they're likely to get is not much. When I previously fed my girls fish wet food, they refused to eat anything other than fish (i.e., they went on a "hunger strike"). So, I stopped feeding fish food. However, I still give them the whitefish Pure Bites' treats, and that doesn't prevent them from eating non-fish foods (no more hunger strikes!).

·
Registered
328 Posts
Spencer won't eat treats, but my Lily LOVES Halo Liv-A-Littles salmon treats. Like Susan said - the amount given in a treat or two is not much. We don't give them a lot of fish canned food, just occasionally. My kittens actually seem to like turkey and chicken better in their canned foods anyway. Feeding Lily fish treats doesn't at all affect how she views her regular food!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.