Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got Luna and Miel at 8 weeks they were fluffy, especially Luna. Now, I wonder since it's more like just more hair on the back, and their haunches. Are they true long hairs, medium hairs or will just lose that hair?
Thanks!
(Sorry I didn't have a good picture but I hope this helps)

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Im starting to wonder if they are medium hair. Thanks Larsan, they are pretty cute if i say so myself :)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Looks like medium haired to me.

That being said, technically there's no such thing as 'medium' haired, since it's just a variant of the way the long haired gene expresses. So, while they may appear 'medium haired' they are genetically long haired.

Also, with any cat that has a longer coat it can/usually does take 3 years for the coat to fully develop. Torri looked truly silly until she was about a year old, and she has a lovely medium coat now. Her mane fully filled in just before she hit 3 years,

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I would definitely say long-haired! In my experience, it takes long-haired animals almost a year to develop their full coat, and in some dog breeds (like Pomeranians) their coats are still developing until and sometimes beyond 2 years of age, so I'm sure it is possible in some cats as well.

My Ellie is a long-haired Persian and she was just sort of poofy as a kitten, but now at 11 months her coat nearly touches the ground.

Your kitties are absolutely adorable, by the way! :D

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
I think she'll turn out to have long hair.

When I brought Charlee home, she was a spikey little thing

Who would have thought she'd turn out so fluffy!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh wow, I'm actually surprised to hear that it can take quite some time to grow out the fur. Thanks for the responses! I can definitely see how your Charlee has changed, what a beautiful coat.

And Mandy and Ellie, your Ellie is just adorbs :) I'm really excited to see how these two will change. 9 months to go haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts