Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My abiding passion(well, one of them :wink: ) is fishing for l/m Bass here in middle GA. I fish only in small waters out of a 10'x4' plastic boat, using only artificial lures. I practise "catch, photograph, and release". No problem with anyone that keep's a few, especially the smaller ones for eating but I won't be bothered with the cleaning, etc.

Here are a few pics of some of my catches:

4 lber

5+

Miccosukee jacket

Hope to hear from some other Bassers :wink:

Dan

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Those are some nice sized fish. We have a few large mouth bass up in Michigan but small mouths are more common. I've had good luck in morning and early afternoon hours with a buzzbait. You will always catch one or two nice sized ones at dusk if you put a big night crawler on a hook. (Not to mention some panfish in the process.)

I love to fish for Northern Pike, they're abundant here and the fight like the devil. Little Cleos, Daredevils, and Mepps work best around these parts.

I, too, am a catch, photograph, and release fisherman. I'm not big on eating fish to begin with, and bass and pike are not known to be very tasty. I like Perch and Walleye but I don't often fish for them.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Nice fish!

I used to work for the fisheries dept of the WI DNR, so I can appreciate fish! I've done my share of survey shocking! Which is very cool by the way.

My mom's boyfriend is a musky guide. Those are a little too big for me though!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
My husband and brother are both big into bass fishing. I just sent this link with your pics to my husband. :D
I have gone a few times but I am not very good at it, even with DH's coaching. The largest I have caught is maybe 2 1/2 lb.
DH says "He has a nice pond to fish out of." I think he is suffering from pond envy. :D
Nice fish btw.
We don't usually keep fish either. However, the guys brought home a lot of white bass one time that were pretty good to eat. My husband caught a 14 lb catfish last time and he kept that. (Said he was excited right at first...thought it was a bass!)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Those are some nice fish! I love to fish, but my dad isn't a fisher so I never get to do it, I have the patience for it too! :wink: . My dad's friend is a catch and release bass fisher, I never learned much from him though, as i'm never around him. Mainly around here it's mudcat. mudcat's a big thing out in the boondocks lol. :wink:

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Wow, great pics!

I've only been fishing once...back in high school before Erik and I were dating, he took me fishing...and I was the only one to catch anything, AND he was so big he broke my rod! Well, Erik's rod. :oops: lol. We let him go.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I fish also but there is mainly perch here with alot of catfish and carps. There are many sheephead but by far the most popular are the Walleye and the sunfish. I don't eat the fish and always practise catch and release.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW! I did not expect so many replies to that post :) Thank's for looking. More fishing stories and fisherpersons than I expected too 8) .

Here's a couple more pics:

4.3 lbs

Wet!

I had just fallen in the water before catching that Bass. See the little dock behind me? As I was leaning over to fill a cooler with water(to transport some maller Bass to another pond near there), I toppled in and landed right on the top of my head :rolleyes: . I hate cold weather and it was 45 degrees that AM but I stayed and caught 5 or 6 from the bank.

5 lbs

Those were caught out of my branch manager's farm pond located inbetween Ft. Valley and Marshaville, GA.

my little pond boat

my current Personal Best Bass

Dan

·
Registered
224 Posts
I fish too...Although I do fresh water fish, but I love saltwater too..

Here I am with a Striped Bass
[/img]

And last mothers day I caught a nice rainbow..
[/img]

I am mainly a catch and release..But these two where very good eating...

Forgot to add, nice fish ya got there sir :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great catches Monique! Altough 'freshwater' stripers are found in bigger bodies of water near here, I've never hooked one. They are one heck of a fighting fish for sure :!:

(I love alliteration :wink: )

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts