Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat Jasper really HATES it and runs away whenever he thinks I am walking towards him to pick him up and do it to him. That said, I got two nails clipped before he started to really struggle, and he accepted it rather well. On other days, he squirms like mad, gets mad, and I have to let it go and try another day. Very frustrating. I'm wondering whether a cat being medicated can work on behavioral changes. Jasper has a feisty personality. Can you change personality by sedating a cat? Of course, all I want is to be able to clip his claws.

Also, he is a biter and a scratcher. I've learned to observe when he is about to bite him and move my hand out of his reach. But he's quick at scratching, using his paw to hit me when I do something that annoys him.

CBD oil did nothing, when I could actually get a few drops into him, nor did Bach Flower Remedies.

It's strange that I've had him about five years, and it hasn't gotten easier (maybe harder, in fact).

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had a cat that took several people to hold when trimming his claws.

I began a ritual of when I would greet him I would gently caress his paws, at first just for a moment but in time I was able to touch and hold his paws longer.

After awhile he let me clip his claws no problem...in the meantime maybe get a good scratch tower to help him maintain his claws.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts