Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the scenario. Muffin and Zoey are on the cat tree, Muffin on the lower level, Zoey on the middle. Muffin is doing this thing she does where she grabs the post and kicks it and bites it. Zoey leans over the edge of her platform, watches for a minute, then reaches down and slaps/bats Muffin. Muffin jumps up, slaps back, chases her up a level, and they slap eachother a couple more times. Then they lay down and look out the window again. No hissing, no sounds at all, no puffed tails. They did have flicking tails and "wild eyes". Zoey and Tiger chase eachother some and I'm sure they are playing, but I wasn't sure with the addition of the slapping/batting. I have never had cats that interact with eachother much at all, so cat to cat body language is new to me. I literally sat and watched this today instead of tv.

·
Registered
716 Posts
yes, sounds like they are having a great time :)

you will know if it's a real fight.

i had multiple cats growing up that would play, but as an adult i finally now have more than one cat so I agree that watching their interactions is better than tv

·
Registered
786 Posts
That's definitely playing. My two youngest do this all the time. Sometimes they will bug the older cat who has taken claim to the top platform. Sometime she plays back other times she hisses and they back off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It is quite funny what multiple cats will do for fun... It seem like they are hurting each other but they really aren't. Nutmeg keeps jumping and landing on Angus, swatting the whole way, and Angus doesn't seem to mind. Silly kitties..

Sent from my iPad using PG Free

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, I thought it might be play since there was no hissing. This is great news.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts