Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I recently started a gluten-free diet because I think I may have some sort of gluten intolerance.

Anyway....

I've been trying all sorts of recipes. My favorite though, is Pumpkin Muffins (very seasonal!) They are so yummy. I'll fish out the recipe later if anyone is interested. I'm also working on making a passible substitute for Nabisco chocolate wafers so I can actually make Icebox Cake I can eat. (for those of you who don't know what Icebox Cake is you can look it up). If they turn out pretty well I intend to also use them to make a chocolate crust for a New York Cheese Cake recipe I found.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Am I a good cook? Not on your life. The only reason I have a kitchen is because it came with the house.

I remember about 20 years ago, when my daughter was in grade school and the kids were given an assignment to write out their Mom's favourite recipe. My daugher, who inherited her mother's sarcasm at an early age, wrote: 967-1111 (the number for the local pizza delivery service)...and that's a true story! :?

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
I am a terrible cook. Even if I follow a recipe to the letter it will come out badly. Most times I will start a meal and have my hubby season it for me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm a decent cook considering my mom can't cook and my dad never did so I learned on my own.I cook home made stir fry best.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I am actually a really good cook. My wife keeps commenting that I am becoming a better cook than she is. I am more like her sous chef, with her picking the recipe and ingredients and giving me general instructions. I do tend to make adjustments to the actual recipes that make them better. I pretty much updated all her old family recipes. She still takes all the credit though, which I am fine with as long as she stays the heck out of my kitchen when I am cooking.

I don’t really have a specialty although I do a lot of vegetarian foods because of my wife. I am real good at cooking meat as a side dish for me and anything involving garlic.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
My cooking involves pressing "M" on my Blackberry to speed dial my mother. I then walk (or drive when it is freezing) about a block, watch some free cable, cuddle with her 18 yr old cat and eat my meal. It is a hard knock life.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
My daugher, who inherited her mother's sarcasm at an early age, wrote: 967-1111 (the number for the local pizza delivery service)...and that's a true story! :?
Oh my, that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!

I can be a good cook when I want to be. My two most requested from my hubby, and my sister actually, are my BBQ Baby Back Ribs with our home made bbq sauce, and Cream Cheese Brownies. I bake the brownies either in bar form, or I've also made them in little mini cupcake form, with real whipped cream, home made chocolate cappuccino sauce, and pecans on top. I have also used the same brownies, fresh whipped cream, and cappuccino sauce to make a trifle. YUM! Haven't made the brownies in a while though, to fattening!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Oooo! I've also been making myself little mini Pumpkin muffins and brownie bites. Anything that is gluten-free and comes pre-made in a box is usually kinda gross.... cept CHEX!!!! Mmmm chex.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love to cook. I'm pretty good at it. I love to bake too. My mom is a really good cook. My dad, on the other hand....the only things he can make are waffles and chocolate chip cookies. Which are actually pretty good.

My favorite thing to cook...I'd say my favorite meal to cook/make is tangy turkey kabobs, pretty stuffed spring peas and herbed corn on the cob. Yum!

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
I enjoy cooking, and I'm good at certain dishes like lasagna, but I don't know if I'd like it if I HAD to cook for someone all the time.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I love cooking, but I hate the clean up with a passion!! I tend to not use recipes unless I need a general idea/technique that I've never used before (ex: making certain types of dough), and even then I adapt the recipe to suit my needs. The only bad thing is that when people want to recreate what I've done, I can't really tell them because I'm not quite sure what I did myself. lol

The foods that I have created and gotten the most compliments from are homemade lemon bars; chili; chicken, gnocchi & spinach soup (amazing!!); chicken pot pie; spaghetti; spinach & feta quesadillas; and pasta salad.

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
I'm the same way, if it's something new, I'll find 5-6 recipes and use the items that sound good from each of them. I don't have a recipe for lasagna, either.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I enjoy cooking, and I'm good at certain dishes like lasagna, but I don't know if I'd like it if I HAD to cook for someone all the time.

Anytime you want to try that idea out, let me know, and I'll be over in a brace of shakes.

Lasagne is one of my absolute favourites.

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
When you arrive in cold and rainy San Francisco and realize you should have scheduled your vacation in beautiful San Diego, come on down! :grin:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts