• Not a Vegetarian, but avoid certain meats

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a few vegetarians on here, and just wanted to get an idea of how many there are (percentage-wise). Please post as well as vote, so I know who's who! (I'm a very curious person, and I'd like to know a little more about you guys. :oops:)

I'm not, but I don't care for red meat much, and I hate sea food. Chicken is my vice, I'd probably be a vegetarian if I could ever give up chicken. :oops:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm not a vegetarian bit I have tried to be several times unsuccesfully! :oops:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I used to be a Vegetarian (I ate dairies and eggs though). I had to start eating meat little by little after a year or so because my tests showed lack of important vitamins in my blood :(
I 've never been a fan of meat. My parents & family always had to beg me before I gave it up .
I love fruit and vegetables + dairy products so much. As I was telling Jessica - I love strong cheeses - such as Camembert, Rochefort ..etc or Swiss is so good - we call it Schweitzer in Romanian :wink:

I once talKed to my Sister-in-Law a bout - who is a Vegan. She has been so for more than 7 years. In the past year she did eat some cheese - because like me she loves it. She told me the sweetest thing - how she thanked the cows for the product of their work, labor and how grateful she was to them for that. She was upset she cheated - but she has not touched meat. She would eat if she got pregnant - and that is the safe thing to do in that situation.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've been a vegetarian for about 7 years now. I don't drink milk or eat eggs because I don't like either of them, but I do eat cheese because I like it. I don't eat cheese made with animal rennet though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was a vegetarian for 6 years when i lived in oregon...about 16 years ago. It was real easy and not to exspensive up there because everyone ate like that and then there were the co-ops and group gardens. Down here in the desert, it's so commerscialized and to exspensive. Plus nothing is very fresh unless you grow it yourself. I eat alot of fish and I do grow a small garden. Can't stand red meat and won't eat chicken cause of what they eat. Besides, I get creeped out with picking meat off the bone. Pulling the bone off in one piece from fish doesn't seem to bother me. Weird :roll:

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
myfamilia said:
I was a vegetarian for 6 years when i lived in oregon...about 16 years ago. It was real easy and not to exspensive up there because everyone ate like that and then there were the co-ops and group gardens. Down here in the desert, it's so commerscialized and to exspensive. Plus nothing is very fresh unless you grow it yourself. I eat alot of fish and I do grow a small garden. Can't stand red meat and won't eat chicken cause of what they eat. Besides, I get creeped out with picking meat off the bone. Pulling the bone off in one piece from fish doesn't seem to bother me. Weird :roll:
Don't know about what they eat, but ...
Ack! My one prob With chicken! If I can see a vein or gray to brown to black discoloration that indicates blood presence, I can't eat it. (On top of that, I only like white meat chicken!)

·
Registered
709 Posts
vegetarian

I'm not a vegetarian, i tryed once, wasn't successful :wink: When I was little i wanted to be a "meatetarian" (only eat meats) lol cuz i didn't like vegetables and my parents made me eat them lol :lol:

·
Registered
628 Posts
I am a strict vegetarian :D I do eat dairy, but not eggs. I really wish I could go vegan, but I just can't give up my dairy. I have been raised vegetarian, and my 3 sisters and brother have as well. My dogs are vegetarian, but my kitties are not. I get all disgusted when I have to open up their canned food :?

Take Care,
Abhay

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
I was a vegetarian, but have since gone back to eating meat. My personal opinion is that a vegetarian diet is healthier, but for myself, as a college student with very limited meal times and options, eating meat simply helped me more balance my diet. If I had more time and money, I'd go back to vegetarianism.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
<cavewoman>Grew up on meat, like meat, eat meat. </cavewoman>

I thought about being vegetarian once: for 2 minutes. If I don't eat a balanced meal, I get lightheaded and nauseaus. Besides, I make the BEST burgers and what good is that skill if I don't eat meat? :wink:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'm not. I try to eat not too much meat, just because I think it's not healthy to eat too much (that is supposedly why Americans have such a high incidence of colon cancer). But when I go too long without eating meat, I always feel like I can't get full!
I have started buying only the free range chicken eggs though and that makes me feel a lot better about that.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I love meat.

I used to not eat veal, though. The first time I ate it, I didn't know what it was, but I got sick anyway. It was after I got sick that my friend told me it was veal. The next time I ate veal I got sick again, and again I didn't know I was eating veal at the time. Weird, huh?

Anyway, I can eat veal now, but I prefer not to. I'll have a nibble of it if it's on my friend's plate.

Oh yeah, same thing goes for lamb, but I don't get as sick.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I forgot to add that I voted for "avoid certain meats". Not that it makes me feel better because I don't like to eat any animals.
I don't eat deer, rabbit, duck...this pole makes me not want to eat meat again :( . I do go through stages like that often and stay away from meat for as long as I can.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I love meat! In fact... I crave it! My favorite is beef though... and I like it nearly raw... preferably "moo"-ing as my brother's like to say. I guess I feel bad for the animals - and if I found myself in a situation where I had to kill the animal myself... I might resort to vegatarianism - but I wouldn't ever give up my cheese, eggs or milk! :twisted: Yum yum!

I think it is nice to thank the cows and animals that give us this food because without them we wouldn't be able to enjoy their delicious milk or meat.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts