Cat Forum banner

Are you Right-Handed, Left-Handed, or Ambidextrous?

• Right-Handed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Left-Handed

• Ambidextrous

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a lefty ... and I'm always annoyed by the lack of left handed stuff. For instance, at my school library, all computers are set up right-handed ... when I asked them about left-handed mouse set-ups, they said "just pull it to the other side"; when I pointed out the buttons are reversed, they just looked at me and said "Sorry, we can't change that" :evil: Ughh, yes they can - it's very simple - they're just lazy!!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I would say it comes down to plain ignorance and then it's plain laziness if they don't do anything about it in the public libraries or school systems.

Honestly I didn't even know!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, ignorance that they don't have any set up, laziness because they wouldn't help me when I asked. I can't change it because I'd need an administrator password. They could change it in two seconds. It's as easy as going into the control panel. The guy clearly was more interested in the book he was reading than in my convience for the next two-hours I'd be researching there.

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
I'm right-handed, but my younger brother and sister are both left-handed. I know that sometimes my little bro can seem uncoordinated with buttons and stuff, but then I realize he's living as a lefty in a right-handed world. :?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I like this thread. I'm a wierd one. I eat, write, water ski ( slolam), and play racquetball left handed. Baseball, football, hockey and almost everything else I'm right handed. My dad is left handed and my mom was born left handed but went to catholic schools and they forced her to be right handed so that may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I'm a righty. I remember being in grade school and my friend Josh was left-handed. He had such a hard time with notebooks, scissors, etc. When we were allowed to write with pens, he'd have to curve his arm/hand/wrist around the spirals of the notebook and then write from "above" the lines to keep his hand from smearing the ink. Poor guy! I know they now have left-handers notebooks and such, which is great, but I'm sure there isn't enough done to accomodate left-handers.

Silly confession: I've always found it sexy if a guy was left-handed. Don't ask why; I don't even get it! I bartended through college and always made sure to chat with the guys who signed their tabs left-handed. LOL :lol:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I'm completely right-handed. I'd hate to lose my left hand, but it doesn't do much. That's probably why I play the guitar so badly.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm a lefty with everything but scissors, and I figure that's because they could never find a left-handed pair in school, so I'd get frustrated and just use my right hand... then the teachers would comment on how I couldn't (and still can't) cut a straight line :roll:

I spend a good part of my day writing on a white board at work - you should see the multicolored mess the side of my hand is when the day is done...

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I'm a righty. I can function with my left hand because of playing sports most of my childhood. Because I played baseball for so many years, I catch things a lot better with the left hand.

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Has anyone ever noticed a correlation between left-handed or right-handed and penmanship? Because my brother has horrific penmanship, but he has to curve his hands at the oddest angles sometimes to write in a notebook :?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
11 years waiting tables... I carry plates, tray, and multiple drinks all with my left hand. My right has no hope! I think I started doing this years ago just so I could distribute with my right, though.

·
Registered
709 Posts
lefty

I'm a werid one too, I write and eat with my left hand but everything else i do with my right hand :lol: I've never had problems with note books, i write with my hand under the pen and my book sideways, it annoys other people tho :oops:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I am extremely left-handed.
My penmanship is pretty nice, I was fortunate to have a grade school teacher who pointed out all I had to do was turn the paper the other way and I didn't have the curved hand/smudged ink thing happening. I understand about the notebook though, I end up writing at some pretty weird angles too. They do make lefty notebooks, but they are hard to find.
I have been extremely tempted to order a left-handed bandage scissors for work, the right-handed ones drive me nuts!! :evil:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I am right-handed but can write not-so-bad with my left :wink: . That's about the only thing I can do good with my left hand. I don't feel comfortable using it a lot esp when I have to cary weights because I had it broken in several places when I was in highschool : I slipped on ice :(

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Has anyone ever noticed a correlation between left-handed or right-handed and penmanship?
I was told often growing up that left-handed people tend to have horrible penmanship. It seems to be true a lot of the time. Mine is very neat though. I think a big part of the problem for lefties is the way things are set up; notebooks, three-ring binders, etc make it difficult to write, not to mention finding a pen that doesn't smear all over the side of your hand. :lol:

I, like Lori, had a grade school teacher who was also a leftie, and showed me how to tilt my paper so I actually sorta write downwards and to the right rather than from left to right. I think this helped me get around all the cramping and hand twisting that is probably what makes many lefties have bad penmanship.

I still cannot write on paper in a 3-Ring binder though, unless I flip it backwards, which is fine for notes, but most teachers won't exept it becasue the holes are on the wrong side and the margins are sometimes off. :evil: Also, everything follows from front to back instead of from back to front. Pretty confusing sometimes. :roll: So I just take it out and write loose-leaf.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts