Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, NFL season is here. Is anyone else a football fan like me? What team(s) do you follow? My husband and I are diehard Minnesota Vikings fans. We end up getting disappointed every year but for some dumb reason we keep coming back - year after year after year. My husband has always said, "I'm not just a fairweather fan." And, boy, he sure isn't!

He's a really tough person to try to figure out what to get for Christmas and birthdays and stuff so for the last few years he's been getting Vikings collectibles that I find in magazines, like The Danbury Mint, Bradford Exchange, etc. So each year when football season starts our living room turns from the burgundy colors I love so much to that doggone purple and gold! Oh well, I guess it's not hurting anything. At least my husband's not a cheesehead! Sorry, any Pack fans (NOT! - Hahaha!!!). :lol:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I'm a true blue Lion fan here. I'll be looking forward to stomping your Vikes twice this season. :twisted:

I do follow the Colts a bit, but the Lions are my home team.

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
My mom is the only one in our family who watches football, or any sports, and she is a true blue Patriots fan. I just watch the Super Bowl...

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Padunk said:
I'm a true blue Lion fan here. I'll be looking forward to stomping your Vikes twice this season. :twisted:
Sure...look at the least few years of football and tell me who's won most of the games between those 2 teams! Hmmmmm?

Just kidding. It's all in good fun. :wink: In the last 5 years I have been to 5 games in Minneapolis, though, of which 2 of them were against the Lions and we beat them both times! :p

Spittles said:
I REALLY like New England...by the way...who won last night?
I believe I heard that New England won last night. They were ahead when I shut the TV off but we didn't watch the rest of the game 'cuz we wanted to see Medical Investigation.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
New England beat the Colts 27-24. My team would be Da Bears (grew up in Gary, IN) for NFL, but Purdue for college football. What kind of alumn(ae?) would I be if I weren't?

·
Registered
245 Posts
We love football. I am more of a college football girl. University of Tennessee all the way. My husband agrees on that but he is also from Massachusetts so he is a HUGE Patriots fan. We were up late last night watching the Colts/Patriots game. But I guess my favorite is New England too. I was never into NFL football as much as college football until I met my husband. People think I am a traitor to the Titans, but I met my husband and was watching Patriots football before the Titans were even in existence.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I like football, but I mostly follow my old high school team. High school football is a BIG THING in Texas! :D
With all that said, I think my team is good enough this year to be be the state champions for 3A...they were rated #2 and already beat the #1 rated team. But we'll see....
I've gotta make it to a game sometime soon! Plus my little brother is in the marching band! :wink:

·
Registered
552 Posts
emrldsky said:
My team would be Da Bears (grew up in Gary, IN) for NFL, but Purdue for college football.
Ahhh, a "region rat", huh? :wink: Well that's OK, because I just learned that I am not the only Bears fan left. :lol:

Good choice in college teams, too, if you don't mind my saying so...

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Boilermakers? Feh, I'm Wolverine fan. :wink:

I'm technically a Chippewa (Central Michigan University) but we're just a MAC school and I've never really gotten into it. I'd still cheer for the Wolverines if they were playing CMU. :p

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I love football, it's my favorite sport! 8)
The Minnesota Vikings are my favorite team, I have been a fan since I was about four years old.
How exciting to see another Viking fan!! This way we can gang up on Padunk. :wink:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lori said:
How exciting to see another Viking fan!! This way we can gang up on Padunk. :wink:
As far as football goes around here, since ND doesn't have it's own team we're pretty much either Vikings or Packers fans. There are also quite a few Bears fans here and a fair number of Broncos fans. Actually, the rivalry between the Vikes and the Pack is big business for the sports bars around here. :evil: Every Sunday you can GUARANTEE that most of the bars in town are filled with Vikings and cheeseheads watching the game on the big screen. Speaking of cheeseheads, it actually amazes me how many Packer fans spend their money on a Vikings game at the Metrodome just to diss the home team! Why would people want to spend money to see a game that doesn't even involve their team?

On the flipside of that, last year we went to the second game of the season (vs. da Bears) and I'll never forget this guy who was walking through the Metrodome with a hat on his head that had a giant cheesegrater on it! I LOVED IT!!! That was probably the funniest thing I'd seen. :lol:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Lori, I refuse to become a Vikes fan, just to be able to gang up on Rob. I will just reserve the right to do it anyway! :wink:

Peace,
Mike (who hopes that Rob knows it is all in good fun!!)

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Mike said:
Lori, I refuse to become a Vikes fan, just to be able to gang up on Rob. I will just reserve the right to do it anyway! :wink:

Peace,
Mike (who hopes that Rob knows it is all in good fun!!)
:lol: Being a Viking fan is hard work, Mike. They have a way of breaking your heart. But I love them anyway.
( I think Rob knows we are kidding. :) )

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:lol: Being a Viking fan is hard work, Mike. They have a way of breaking your heart. But I love them anyway.
( I think Rob knows we are kidding.
It's VERY hard to be a Vikings fan some years! I had such high hopes last year when they won their first 6 games in a row and then, wouldn't ya' know it - the season just fell apart before everyone's eyes.

All the Vikings collectibles I talked about earlier...towards the end of the season last year I called my husband at work and told him if he comes home and notices all his Vikings stuff gone it was because I burned it all! He knew I was kidding, of course! But it did raise some eyebrows. :lol:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I am more of a basketball fan (Sacramento Kings), but I am going to try to follow football this year......then there won't be such a long wait for basketball to start again.

I am a 49er fan :D :D

Oh, and I see a few Vikings fans here......I will have to tell my dad......he LOVES the Vikings........he grew up in the midwest :)

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Ahh, if I hadn't seen the "Lafayette, IN" under your name, I would have known you were from around the area. No one up there calls themselvse "region rats." I prefer to say that I'm from the ghet-toe (as Cartman says it).

Btw, Purdue beat Syracuse last Sun, 51-0, and Ball State today 59-7. Was hoping for another shutout but we must have been slacking the last quarter. =oD

1 - 20 of 49 Posts