Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know...I started a thread just like this last year but NFL Football season has rolled around again and I'm curious to know what the responses are as compared to last year.

Some of you may remember I'm married to a diehard, stick with 'em through thick and thin, Minnesota Vikings fan. For the most part, I'm a Vikings fan too, just not as diehard as my husband, and I find it easier to get mad at them for playing so terribly and I can stay away from a couple games at a time.

My husband gets so psyched out about football every year. He has to drag out all his Vikings collectibles and scatter them around the living room like a shrine and I have to put up with all that dark purple junk cluttering up my house! :lol: :lol: My husband is also thrilled that he now has a son to pass down his love of the Vikings and the game of football to. I'm tellin' ya, if it were up to my husband our son would be wearing football cleats as soon as he can walk!

He's watching the San Diego vs. Packers game on ESPN right now. BTW, timskitties, I noticed you mentioning The Pack in another thread earlier tonight and just wanted to pass along that we loathe the Packers, :lol: :lol: :lol:, but I have to admit that living in a midwestern state that does not have it's own NFL team there are quite a few Packer Backers around here too. It has to be the best rivalry in the NFL, IMO.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I can't wait for the football season to start!

I am also a Vikings Fan (my BF is a Buc's fan so we are really looking forward to the first game of the season), although I will admit to choosing the Vikings when I first moved to Canada only because I like purple.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ah, you mean American Football.

Sorry, when you write football, that automatically means Association Football - what you call soccer. The season has just started here - Chelsea for the Premiership, anyone?

I'll leave now...

·
Registered
163 Posts
As a UK resident bizzarely I hate soccer but love american football. Been folowing it for 15 years. Strangly i'm a Jets fan. Long and complicated story.

Any aussies want to talk cricket though :lol:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I absolutely love the Minnesota Vikings, been a huge fan since I was old enough to understand the game. I have been though some tough years with them, but it is worth it.
The first pre-season game is tonight against the Chiefs, I can't wait!!! :D

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lori said:
I absolutely love the Minnesota Vikings, been a huge fan since I was old enough to understand the game. I have been though some tough years with them, but it is worth it.
The first pre-season game is tonight against the Chiefs, I can't wait!!! :D

Yeah, my husband has that one marked down on the calendar too! 8) He's a completely different guy when football season comes around. So tense about everything!!!

EDITED TO ADD: Lori, I just noticed the Viking emoticon. Where did you find that. I should point that out to my husband. He'd probably make wallpaper for his desktop out of it or something! :lol:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
akiralx said:
Ah, you mean American Football.

Sorry, when you write football, that automatically means Association Football - what you call soccer. The season has just started here - Chelsea for the Premiership, anyone?

I'll leave now...
Ugh Chelsea... as a teenager I worked for Tottenham selling drinks etc - it didn't pay well - but you got to watch the game every week - but I am Man Utd through and through. I have a picture of me being 5 weeks old in a Man Utd sleeper suit!

I am trying to drag my BF out to a bar for the game - but no dice - he doesn't want to watch the Vikings and none of my friends like football and all the guys like the Bucs and won't watch the Vikings :(

*grumble*grumble*grumble* stupid Bucs' fans *grumble*grumble*grumble*

Its a good thing these are the only pre-season game on at the same time or he might find himself girlfriendless :D

Edit to add snippy comment at BF and typo :)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
In a word-------Noooooo!

The Bears are gonna suck, as usual, & I'm tired of watching my brother get all hangdoged looking after they lose yet another game.

(Note: Can't even follow the game myself. All those players running around all over the field. It's hard enough just following the ball yet alone seeing all the other things going on in the field. Too complicated for my brain) :wink:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
2kids3cats4me said:
Lori said:
EDITED TO ADD: Lori, I just noticed the Viking emoticon. Where did you find that. I should point that out to my husband. He'd probably make wallpaper for his desktop out of it or something! :lol:
http://www.mysmilies.com/?cat=hat&page=2

Here is the link to the page on mysmilies.com, it is on the last line.

Isn't it adorable!! I have been waiting for a chance to use it. 8)

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lori said:
2kids3cats4me said:
Lori said:
http://www.mysmilies.com/?cat=hat&page=2

Here is the link to the page on mysmilies.com, it is on the last line.

Isn't it adorable!! I have been waiting for a chance to use it. 8)
Thanks!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I can't wait. I love football time. I am more of a college football fan, Tennessee all the way. My husband is too, but he is also a huge Pats fan.

·
Banned
316 Posts
Living in Columbus, Ohio, you must worship the Buckeyes.

Now, I grew up in Cleveland and have only lived in Columbus for a few years. So I grew up a Browns fan.

It really surprises me that people are so worked up over college ball. I like foot ball.....but I don't live, breathe, eat Ohio State Buckeyes.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Hi Jo...... :D

I am a Viking fan and a Packer fan.....when they play each other I get really confused who to cheer for. :?

I grew up in MN....I went to football games when I was a kid at the
original Met Stadium...we lived less that 5 miles from it.
I have been living in WI for about 10 years now....
the Packer people are pretty cool!!! :D

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BoscosMum said:
Hi Jo...... :D

I am a Viking fan and a Packer fan.....when they play each other I get really confused who to cheer for. :?

I grew up in MN....I went to football games when I was a kid at the
original Met Stadium...we lived less that 5 miles from it.
I have been living in WI for about 10 years now....
the Packer people are pretty cool!!! :D
OMG! You must live such a torn and tragic life, having to cheer for both of them! :lol: :lol: :lol: That's just not right - fence rider! :eek: Around here you'd catch a lot of flack for that. You'd better be on one side of the fence or the other here when it comes to MN vs. GB. Like I was saying before, there are plenty of Cheeseheads around here as well as Vikings fans. Those are the two most followed teams since they're the closest and we don't have our own team. Although, the Vikings do have a bit of an upper edge on the Pack because all the Fox station affiliates around here have a contract to carry all the Vikings games. Unless the Packers play the opposite time slot from the Vikings on Sunday or they have a Sunday or Monday evening game the Packers fans don't get to watch the games. They have to resort to listening on the radio or get a sports package off of their cable TV or satellite dish.

I've never been to the original Met Stadium but my husband tells me it was pretty cool! Did you know...there is a chair from the Met Stadium stuck in one of the walls at the Mall of America since that was the exact spot that the Met Stadium was? I thought that was kind of cool! It's up on the 4th floor where the sports bars would be.

My husband has taken me to 5 Vikings home games and I must bring them good luck or something because they won all 5 that I attended. :p (Guess we should be season ticket holders and go to all the games, huh!) There's nothing like being right there watching it! So much more involved than just sitting at home seeing it on TV. I'm sure you remember how there's a ton of Packer Backers that go to the Vikings home games, whether or not Green Bay plays, just to spite the Vikings, right. Likewise, there's always somebody who hates the Packers and shows it at the game whether or not Green Bay is actually playing. Well, I'll never forget one of the funniest things I ever saw at a game a couple of years ago. This guy walked in with a hat that had a cheese grater on top of it! It was hilarious!!!! :lol:

Oh, another aside note - This may sound like I'm name throwing but I feel like I'm entitled because we don't have many celebrities around here. You know the Vikings starting Tight End Jim Kleinsasser? He grew up in a very small town (about 2000 people) only a couple of hours from here called Carrington, ND, and he went to college in Grand Forks. The game that my husband and I attended the year he got the starting position was so cool because when they announced his name this whole section of North Dakotans with season tickets got up and cheered. We're pretty proud of him! Unfortunately, he got sidelined last year after just the first game and had to have ACL repair. He's back on the roster for the starting position this season though.

As an aside...I got my husband a surprise gift for the kickoff of the regular season games. He's an M&M freak, so I got the big idea to order some custom printed M&M's with a couple of short phrases on them - "Skol Vikings!" and "Purple Pride." I ordered some plain purple M&M's and some white ones with the writing. I'm going to give them to him the morning of the first regular season game - September 11th. I hope he appreciates the thought! I bought 4 pounds of M&M's and spent enough money to have bought about 15 pounds in Wal-Mart!! Oh well, you gotta do special things now and then, don't you?

Ho-hummmmm! I'm getting tired! I'd better get some sleep. The morning roles around too fast. I turn 31 years old in about 6 hours - UGH! Some days I feel like 51 or 61!

·
Registered
157 Posts
ugh, my mom and her stupid boyfriend love the stuff....and then they make so much noise over it!!! sheesh! lol..

i like PLAYING football, but to me its about as interesting as NASCAR is to a blind dog, lol! not to say football is bad, but shouldnt teachers be getting paid millions instead of them? i could run down a feild too! T_T....

football is alright, i like their uniforms, lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts