Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are your cats friends with other animals?

We have 3 guinea pigs, and our cats get along with them & do not treat them like a potential meal 8O .
Our older cat could care less about "piggy turn out time", but recently, I started allowing Windslow, (the 8 month old cat) into the room with the piggies while they are turned out. Windslow likes to sleep by the piggy cage and even has napped on top of it. One time I had left one of the doors to the cage open by accident and we found Windslow curled up inside their (very large) cage asleep!!
When I left the door open for him to get into the kitchen during turnout time, he acted like one of the piggies!! The guinea pigs are so used to seeing him that they immediately approached him and poked their little noses around in his fur & treated him just like a giant fluffy piggy.

Here are a few pics (the litter pan belongs to the pigges, not the cats - the pigs are litter pan trained.)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I can't see your pictures - just red x's! oh no.

My kitties don't get along with my bunnies... we've had a few close calls with Jesse, who really wants to eat them. But one of the members here, Ianthe, has several animals who all get along. I'm so jealous of her :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
My kittens love my dogs. It's so cute to watch them groom each other. The adult cats tolerate the dogs.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
My kitty Frosty grew up with Doodles (pomeranian) and Idella (dacshsund). He is actually very fond of Idella who is very motherly towards any new comer (animal exclusively :lol: - she won't be as loving to human from the start unless they give her a lot of sweet talk :wink: ). Now Frosty is a little over a year old but they still chase each other through the hallways making fast marching sounds - they are a blast to watch :D
Not to mention since I love dogs so much I am so proud of my kitties to love them as well. It took Cheerio a year to warm up to the dogs - she is now friends with them too. Nothing could make me happier than seeing her stress free - she is mommy's little girl - very loving and affectionate- melts my heart!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Oreo and Angel (both live with my parents) are good buddies, but they don't snuggle or lick each other or anything (the dog has never been very animal-friendly). They chase each other sometimes, and every once in a while the cat will grab her leg and bite her as she drags him around. She doesn't care, just keeps walking until he falls off.

This kitty... well he's not good buddies with my boyfriend's dog yet. Maybe when we arrive at my parents' he'll get along with Oreo better (since she's good with cats - Zeeke's a bit too, uhh, hyper lol).

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
My kitties have only met other cats and dogs through screens, and they seem to like them a lot. They bat and talk and rub their bodies against the screen. The only animal I know they don't get along with is my neice Emma. :twisted: She runs after them squealing and jumping -- so you can imagine how that makes them feel. When she's coming over, I make sure I give them good hiding spots, and warn them. "Run kitties run!"

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
catobsessed4 said:
I can't see your pictures - just red x's! oh no.

My kitties don't get along with my bunnies... we've had a few close calls with Jesse, who really wants to eat them. But one of the members here, Ianthe, has several animals who all get along. I'm so jealous of her :lol:
That would be me!!!!!!! :D I am VERRRRRY lucky, in this department! :D I have 1 dog, 2 cats, and a rabbit, and they are all the BEST of friends :) The cats will even wait by the rabbit cage and cry until I let her out, and they also groom her :)

Here is my proof: :D

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
How beautiful ! Love your pictures each time I see them, Ianthe!
I see Boris in the corner too..any news of him lately?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Thanks!!!!! I think they're pretty cute, too :D :D

No, there isn't really any news on Boris, except that MIL did call a few days ago and tell Aaron that she thinks Boris is part Maine-Coon, and THATS why he's so big.She said she had read about them and they are naturally large, so that is the reason he is huge, not because she stuffs him full of junk........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Oh right. Tell her the likelihood of her having a Maine Coon mix is about the same likelihood of Boris living the rest of his life on that food withOUT having any health problems due to it. Maine Coons are big boned, not overweight. MIL is hopeless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts