Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... I've been trying for the better part of 30 minutes to upload a new avatar and it keeps saying it is unexceptable. I'm resized it, I've tried 3-4 different ways of uploading it, and it continues to not upload it.

What the heck am I doing wrong? It's always worked fine before.

·
Banned
11,026 Posts
Did you use Link off-site: and use 120 x 120? I usually use that and link it from photobucket. Not upload it from my computer.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Like Des said, your avatar needs to be 120x120 pixels or smaller, and 10k file size, or smaller. :wink:
Also, it should be linked from a photo hosting site, like PhotoBucket; which, if I remember right, has a feature to make a photo into an avatar for you. :)
The link you'll use will be something like this -

[ img] http:// your image URL [/img ] But, with no spaces.

Hope this helps you get the avatar you want on CF. :)
:eek:rcat

·
Registered
257 Posts
Lol - I spent AGES trying to do it too and gave up in the end and came back and tried again today.

I went to photobucket and in the bit where you upload the photo there's a resize option - you need to change this to the smallest setting BEFORE you select the file you want to upload and then copy the link into the URL box.

I'm sure there are other ways of doing it but that's what finally worked for me :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
For my avatar, I just upload straight from my picture file on my computer, no need to go to photobucket. But, I've already resized it, and I don't use photobucket for that.

One thing I noticed, is even if the size is 120 x 120, and 10KB, it still won't accept it. I have to make sure it's just under 10KB, and like 119 x 119 pixels. Odd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts