Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arianwen was scratching and stretching at one of her scratching posts, when one of her "thumb" claws got stuck. She got scared, and called for me to help her. I soothed her and showed her how to stop pulling on her stuck claw. She relaxed, and let me push her hand a little to release her claw. After, she climbed up on her cat gym and sat licking her claw that had gotten stuck.
I waited a bit, then went over and asked if she was all right. She licked her little "thumb" then reached up and pulled my face down to hers, purring while she licked me. To finish, she placed her "hand" on mine, licked the claw that had been stuck a couple of times, then licked my hand. Finally, she gave me blinkies and made half-closed "love eyes" to me.
It surprised me she was so grateful for such a little thing :luv

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Re: Arianwen says Thak You

I know that if one of my girls get their claws stuck on something (it is always just one of the girls) they get so upset. It must be meant so much to Arianwen that you helped save her.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

It ws just so sweet the way she made it very clear what she was thanking me for :heart

·
Banned
125 Posts

Aww, that's so cute.
Arianwen sounds like such a sweet kitty. And boy is she a beauty!
Our oldest cat Spazz gets one of his claws stuck in the furniture all the time and it's the same one that he got caught in the fox trap when he was younger, and it still hurts him when you press on it - so he gets really loveable and thankful when you gently help him get his paw unstuck. :]

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

Oh, it's so touching when a cat/kitten puts their paws on your face. No matter how mad/worried you are, one touch with those velvety soft paws...you're lost.

Arianwen is soo sweet!

·
Registered
731 Posts

had a similar problem the other day when she got a claw caught in the rubber lining in the sink hole. Couldnt get it free at first and she began to panic a little. Luckily she managed to retain some trust in me and let me have a few more tries before freaking out completely and it came free after a few tries. Silly lil gal :luv

1 - 9 of 9 Posts