Cat Forum banner

Art Contest #3 starring Hiro

4K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  Hippyhart 
#1 ·
Sorry it took me a few days to get this up.
Well here ya go!

There is no theme this time.
You may use any medium you choose, except a computer graphics program. (There is a seperate graphics contest for those people interested in computer art.)
Feel free to be as creative and crazy with this as you want. All styles are welcome. 8)

Please upload your submission to the Cat Forum photo gallery.
Image must not exceed 600px in width.
Images should be in jpg or gif format to show up.

One submission per user.
Up to 15 entries will be taken.

The winner will pick the subject and theme for the next contest.

Deadline for this competition is Thursday Sept 22, 11pm CST.

Here is your picture to work from:

Have fun! :D

See less See more
#4 ·
For the graphics contest they have a rule that a person cannot win twice in a row... What are people's thoughts on having the same rule for this contest?

I think I would be in favor of such a rule. It just seems more fair, I guess.

I plan on doing a drawing for this one just for fun and practice, but I won't submit it for voting, unless of course we decide that would be okay.
I think I'm going to try colored pencil this time, which is a medium I don't often work in. :)

BoscosMum -- glad you like the photo. :D This happens to be one of my favorite pictures of Hiro. He's sitting out on the patio enjoying the beautiful day.

#10 ·
These contests have been a great way for me to get geared up for the start of the semester. :D

I tried something more detailed and realistic this time (took me forever it seemed 8) ) I'm still not sure if I'm quite finished yet.
Medium is colored pencils.

#13 ·
Nell said:
These contests have been a great way for me to get geared up for the start of the semester. :D

I tried something more detailed and realistic this time (took me forever it seemed 8) ) I'm still not sure if I'm quite finished yet.
Medium is colored pencils.

Thats absoulutly BEAUTIFUL :D You should be really proud of that...I can't draw at all and I only wish I could draw like you!

Eva x

#19 ·
Shivvy I love the colors you used. You are very good at the complimentary colors thing and making your art "pop." Nell yours is beautiful too -- nice attention to detail. catlover yours is cute and charming, and good for you for entering -- I still haven't had the guts. :lol: I can't wait to see more entries!

#23 ·
Well done Shivvy and Nell..and I must say Catlover I think yours is wonderful, I just love the eyes and whiskers :)

I *might* have a go at this one, but at the moment I am a little tied up drawing other cats at the moment 8O lol

Come on everybody, it is a bit of fun, and I am sure most people will enjoy drawing this gorgeous cat :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.