Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Interesting. I can't really say Murphy has "midnight crazies." As a matter of fact, he's been sleeping with me through almost the whole night lately. But evening crazies, you bet. :lol:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Interesting. Patches gets her little crazy time between 8:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Pesty...........well, lets just say anytime is crazy time for him! He doesn't need a reason to run around like a freak, he's just a more hyper type cat. Zoey....haven't seen her even get crazy yet, or really "play". She's sleeps alot.

What they do though, is wait till we go to bed, and that's when I usually hear them jumping down from being on the counters. They know they aren't supposed to be up there, but at least they wait for us to go to bed before they do it! :lol:

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
I try to get my cats awake and in the mood to blow off steam before I go to bed. It's not always easy to do; their schedule doesn't coincide with mine. But if I can get them to do their nighttime psycho-cat thing before I go to bed then they generally are quiet throughout the night.

Twinkie is pretty good about it. I have his cat bed on my bed and when I go to bed he jumps in there and as far as I can tell, doesn't stir the whole night. Mellie has been sleeping on my office chair lately and sometimes she'll get crazy and play with one of her mousies in the middle of the night. I'm trying to teach her to keep her night play out of the bedroom so if she wakes me up I take away the toy and let her know I'm not happy. She hasn't done it for weeks now, so maybe she's learned.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
That's what Nini called "rocket butt," isn't it? :) Nina and Blueberry usually do this before I go to bed, and both are real sweethearts and cuddlers. Blueberry, however, is the master at jumpin on my bed. I didn't know I was supposed to join in, so I just growl, "NOW THAT'S ENOUGH! That usually works. :) I think it must be caused by extra long naps, as the "midnight crazies" are usually over with at bedtime. I'm a night owl.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Rotten's coordinated her midnight crazies perfectly ;) In at 8:00, out at 8:15, in at 8:30, out at 8:45, so on until 10:00 pm or so, when she comes in and sleeps all night long in her basket at my feet. Then out at 4:30 am, in at 6:00, out at 6:15, in at 7:00 a.m. The cat's got a clock, I'm telling you. As long as she gets her way about when she gets in and out, she won't break a single thing in my room!

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Arianwen gets her midnight kitty crazies around 11:30, and she goes until she gets tired, usually about a half-hour. Then she sleeps until 5:30 am.
Those kitties do carry watches. :lol:

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
You're right about that, John. Cats' sense of time is incredible. If I'm a half hour late with a meal, I hear about it. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts