Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called ASPCA in New York. They answered and I got to speak to someone. I had no idea what to ask but here goes.

I asked them if they have Calico Kittens. She said no.
I said is it that you don't have kittens or you don't have kittens ready for adoption, but she doesn't know if they are Calico kittens because when the kittens are first born, they are secluded from their staff for health issues etc...
I asked her if she knew if they had black kitten, thats when she explained the entire kittens that they currently have are one to two weeks old etc...

I then asked her a bout the fee to donate kittens. She told me it was $125. Then I asked does that come two for one because I want two and she answered yes.

Then I asked her what type of litter and food they use? She said they used Litter Feline Pine for the litter and Halo Food for the kittens. Both seem quite expensive when I found the website and the litter on Walmart.

I forgot what else to ask, but they do give you a ton of information and the kittens come spayed and neutered with up to date vaccinations. She also told me to call back every day on the status of the kittens. She also mentioned that its starting to get warm so they will start to get lots of kittens. They also offer a few other things as well. A packet on how to care for your new kitten, and if you don't have a carrier, they give you one with a few other things.

I also have to anxiously wait a few weeks before I get my kittens no matter where I go.

I am just concerned. I am not sure if I should go to ACC or the ASPCA now.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Having adopted 2 cats from the ASPCA in the past, I would highly recommend going to them. I have not adopted from AC&C, but I do know that overall the animals are healthier at the ASPCA since they are treated and given a reasonable span of time to be adopted. AC&C takes in so many animals and they give animals a very short amount of time to be adopted so as a general rule, they do not treat animals. They simply wait until they are adopted out or they are euthanized.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts