Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. It's been a while since I wrote. Well my cat Missy struck again, she ate another rabbit, and brought it in the house, the was ripping it apart, blood was all over. She ripped the head off and then ate it. This is the second time she has done this. And do not why she does this. Someone told me that it is not normal behavior. Someone also said I should bring her to the vet and get her recent shots. I"m afraid one day she'll bring in a racoon or something.

My other cat Stripes is old, and think he is going to cat heaven soon. I don't know why he is constantly following me. I can't even go in my room, without him running in before me. Follows me to the bathroom, in thr middle og the night. he is very very annoying. And also he is fixed, and still sprays. I thought after they are fixed they can't spray any more.

Someone pls help me to my problems of having.

thanks
2cats :? :?

·
Registered
676 Posts
My suggestion, keep your cats indoors only.
I hope your cats are currently up to date on shots, and do get them yearly seeing as how they are out there killing wild animals.

Your cat could get seriously hurt doing this.

Not all cats who get neutered will stop spraying, specially if you neuter them after they have already begun spraying. Your other cat, obviously wants to be close to you, there is nothing wrong with that, just give them the attention they want, cats are suppose to be friendly and loving companions, not only animals left outside to kill... things.

If both cats have not been to the vet recently, you should bring them in. I prefer that mine get seen two times a year.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Just to add to what angel said-

2cats it IS normal for cats to hunt- this is what they do to survive in the wild, and 9 times out of ten if they are not hungry, but have caught something they will play with it before deciding to eat it, horrible i know.
And as angel said- make sure your cat is up to date on ALL shots!

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Please make sure to take a stool sample to the vet. My guess is that she has worms. That's almost a given if cats are eating mice and bunnies. Please keep her indoors. Her life span will be extended greatly. There are so many dangers outside, cars, dogs, large predatory birds and other animals, and cruel people who torture cats for the "fun" of it. :(

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Topic #1 re: rabbit hunting. Everyone's already given excellent advice, so I'll just emphasize the deworming.

Topic #2 re: your senior kitty Stripes. Elderly cats need a lot of comforting and reassurance, especially if they're going senile. Some cats get more clingy in old age, as Stripes seems to be. There's many excellent articles out there on how to take care of your elderly cat to make his remaining time the happiest and most comfortable he can be.

As for the spraying, if you had his neutering done after he already started spraying, he would retain that behavior still, and right now, he needs the reassurance of marking his territory. You'll have to make sure that you stop him immediately when you catch him at it. Then really clean the areas up with enzymatic cleaners. Maybe some Feliway plugins will help calm and sooth him too.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
2cats said:
I don't know why he is constantly following me. I can't even go in my room, without him running in before me. Follows me to the bathroom, in thr middle og the night. he is very very annoying. :?
My cats always do this, especially Sugar. As for the hunting, its natural for cats to do that....to stop it, try to keep them inside. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts