Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone...here are the Authority ingredients:

Chicken Meal, Brewers Rice, Ground Corn, Chicken, Animal Fat preserved with Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols), Corn Gluten Meal, Rice Flour, Natural Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Dicacalcium Phosphate, Dried Egg Product, Canola Oil, Potassium Chloride, Corn Oil, Choline Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-polyphophate (source of ascorbic acid), Copper Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

Overall I believe there are more corn/rice products than Nutro. Also , Nutro has probiotics in their food...a big PLUS!!! :D

Abhay

·
Registered
138 Posts
Spittles, that's the dry food, right?

I just bought some Authority wet food at PetSmart. Here are the ingredients off the label:

Chicken and Rice (kitten)

Chicken broth, chicken, beef, liver, ocean fish, egg product, rice flour, guar gum, skimmed milk, iodized salt, carrageenan, taurine. Vitamin and mineral supplements: vitamin E supplement, choline chloride, zinc oxide, thiamine mononitrate, d-calcium pantothenate, copper sulfate, niacinamide, vitamin b-12 supplement, vitamin A acetate, D-activated animal sterol (source of vitamin D3), pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement,biotin, folic acid.

Chicken and Liver (kitten)

Chicken broth, chicken, turkey, chicken liver, ocean fish, brewers rice, egg product, dried beet pulp, guar gum, salt, brewers dried ueast, carrageenan, taurine, choline chloride, vitamins (vitamin E, A, D3, B12 supplements, thiamine mononitrate, niacin, d-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement, folic acid, biotin), minerals (ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, copper proteinate, manganous sulfate, potassium iodide, sodium selenite), potassium chloride.

I bought the dry food also (very reasonably priced!)

Tried the chicken and liver on the boys tonight, and they loved it!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Most flavors of Authority canned food are fine. The adult dry food is better than grocery store brands, though still *loaded* with corn and carbs. However, the light and senior dry foods are worse; not recommended.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IF YOU ARE AGAINST THE ANIMAL TESTS THAT IAMS DID....DO NOT FEED AUTHORITY CANNED FOOD!!!

Authority canned food is made by Menu Foods. Menu Foods supported Iams in conducting the cruel tests on cats & dogs :cry: Menu Foods makes the Authority canned food, but not the dry.

Take Care,
Abhay

P.S. Yes, that is the dry food.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm enlightened

Didn't know that. Thanks for that info. I was feeding the Authority can to my kitten, but won't buy it now.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Re: I'm enlightened

lotocats said:
Didn't know that. Thanks for that info. I was feeding the Authority can to my kitten, but won't buy it now.
Just when ya think you got a good thing goin'! :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts