Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

With the conversion to vB, some user's avatars did not migrate successfully. My apologies for that. If it helps, I was one of them. :)

However, it's a quick fix and I want to show you how to upload an avatar. Here we go.

1. Click on "USER CP" in the main navigation bar.

2. When you arrive on that page, you should see a navigation menu on the LEFT side.

3. In this navigation menu on the left side, look for a link that says "Edit Avatar." Click on it.

4. When you arrive on the page to edit your avatar, you are presented with TWO options to upload the image for you avatar. Select either one.

Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website

This option allows you to upload an image that is hosted anywhere on the internet. Keep in mind there is a SIZE restriction for avatars so if you get an error message that the file you're linking to exceeds the maximum size, then you may have to go to option 2.

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer

This allows you to upload an image that is located on YOUR computer. The benefits of doing it this way is that you have more flexibility in editing the image first (making it pretty and making the file size adhere to the restrictions).

5. Click on "Save Changes".

6. Kick back and enjoy your new avatar. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
How do I add a quote or a few words that are located under the signature. I don't know what option to use, thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
How do I add a quote or a few words that are located under the signature. I don't know what option to use, thanks.
I forgot to ask, what does those permalinks mean located on the top right side of posts, I've never seen them before :?

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
It looks gray, but you need to click on "Browse."

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
The avatar limit here is stupidly small. You have to make sure it's the right dimensions AND the right file size.
I just didn't bother.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts