Cat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In FAQ I saw an announcement about a gallery for avatars, but when I click it, I get sent back to my profile. You do have avatars available, right? What am I doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bean, That is so nice of you! Unfortunately, I have no scanner or digital camera. Thanks for the kind offer. Some day I'll be a part of the 21st. Century!

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bean, You're very kind! I don't know where to look for pictures that are not someone's property. I was hoping for a Siamese picture, but if I go to a site for Siamese cats, those pictures belong to someone. Can you suggest how I can find a site that is for public use?

·
Registered
26 Posts
:oops: I thought it was just me who could not get the Avatar thing right........Whew! :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'm not really sure, but I doubt that it matters much. It's only for an avatar - you're not going to use it commercially.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A member at another site found one of her pictures being used elsewhere on the net and was extremely upset. I wouldn't want to do that- or anything illegal.

Piddle, we're just hopeless cases! :oops:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Piddles-If you want I can resize the picture of Violet into an avatar for you. Or if you have another picture of one of your kitties just e-mail to me.

Jeanie-You can try typing in "free siamese images" or something to that extent in a search engine and hopefully you'll find some pages that offer free images or graphics.

Or you can try browsing this site for some kittie graphics. The images are free to use as long as you don't link from her site. http://www.whataboutcats.com/gifs1.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Violet's pic would be great Jess - thanks a bunch!!!
(hugs)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hey, I am having avatar problems too. I can use photoshop to shrink my picture to the right pixels but it is too big - I can't get it to 6kb. It is 14kb in color and 7kb in black and white. Any ideas how I can make it smaller? It is saved in the lowest quality.

Thanks,
tanyuh

·
Registered
178 Posts
My photo editor resized my pic, but to keep it's quality, it was still too big in size. I used Paint. It seemed to work the best for me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
misty's pic was taken with digital camera, which made the pic HUGE! So, I made a copy, opened it with paint, and used the scew/strech option to make it small enough, then I checked the attributes option and kept adjusting the size until it was small enough. Kinda tidius, but it worked.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Thanks Hello,

Now I have Psi as my avatar. I hope Samhain doesn't get jealous hehe. I will change it to Samhainy in a few days.

Good day,
tanyuh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts