Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...with work at the end of March and already stressing about the cat!

He doesn't like other cats nor strangers..so I won't be putting him in a cattery.

I am going to try a pet sitting service and get him some new toys so he won't be too bored and go on a rampage (hopefully!).

They come in twice a day to feed/water/scoop and play with the cat. I hope they are good, the reviews seem decent.

It's like having a little kid again!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I know how hard it is to leave them on their own. When I go away, either my kids come to stay for a while or I use a pet sitter, who's very good. I also leave at least one light on and leave some classical music playing while I'm away, since I've heard it is soothing to cats when they're alone. I'm sure your little one will be fine, but it's tough not to worry.

PS: I lived in Taunton for about 4 years before coming to Canada. I left in 1967, so I imagine it's changed a lot since then!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, small world! Taunton has grown quite large now, sadly :)

Yes, I'm hoping he will be fine, would be easier if you could tell them you won't be gone for long ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I will be gone 8 days and just had the teen boy and his mom come by yesterday (she will accompany him).
I looked at the size of the cage at the vets and said "no way". The little litter box in the cage looked barely big enough for me cat to get in, and it took up 1/3 of the floor space!
I asked if they ever take the cats out of the cage (if they had an exercise/play area) and they said No so that was that.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Depending on your travel situation you might consider taking your cat with you. Hubby was a road warrior as a computer consultant. He took Pixel with him but he always drove. Silly cat loves to watch headlights at night. Flying nowdays is a huge pain with a pet. When Pixel was very young the travel rules let you carry him in the cabin as long as the carrier would fit on top your feet. A lot of hotels allow pets.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well, how far do you have to go? Depending on the travel distance, you could take him with you. I'm sure he'd prefer to be with you than with a stranger, depending on how far he'd have to travel with you. You could always let him roam the back seat of the vehicle, assuming he dislikes pet taxi's, just like my Shug does.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
If I am going to my parents' for more than 3 days I usually take the boys with me (though they aren't thrilled with taking a car ride) once we get to my parents they are usually great. I think they are happier than if I had boarded them or had a stranger take care of them. When I go on a longer vacation I usually take them to my parents' and my sisters take care of them. I just have to come up with a plan for them when/if my entire family decided to take a vacation.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
We are going to Seattle for a week in April. I know that my babies will be fine with my SO's sister and my mom coming everyday to check up on them but I just hope they don't get too lonely without us!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Taking him with me is not an option I'm afraid. He is not a good traveller and would be too stressed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts