Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did a visit this afternoon, and have rang up the owners to arrange a time to collect him! He is a beautiful 5 month old chocolate Burmese male with the cutest green eyes I have ever seen! We sat down on the chairs and he just bounded up and sat on my lap and purred like mad...I'd never had a cat that'd do that! He kept looking up at me with his eyes and I was totally falling in love with him...It appeared like he liked me too. :p I was suprised to see how small he was...even though he is 5 months old. We saw his father and mother who seemed placid and friendly. His father was a red burmese and his mother was a chocolate burmese! His markings are divine....anyhoo I'll stop going on about it and I'll take some photos of him as soon as we get him home tomorrow!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
China Blue said:
Bet you can't wait. Sounds wonderful. Look forward to the photos - what is his name? :D
Well the breeders have already given him a name, and we like it so much we're gonna keep it! :) He's called Charlie.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hooray!

That is SO fantastic that you found a burmese with whom you could have that kind of connection. They really are one of the sweetest wisest breeds. My parents had one when I was born and he used to sleep in my crib and go bite my mom's ankles when it was time to feed me! haha. I attribute the fact that I'm cat-crazed now to my time with him as a child. He finally died when I was 11, at the ripe old age of 28 (yikes!). We had to put him down because of an inoperable tumor (I don't know if that's a characteristic thing that the breed suffers. I know some rats suffer from tumors. You might want to look into it so you can keep an eye out in the future) But I didn't mean for this post to have such a dark note. I'm so happy that you've got a new burmese coming!! They really are beautiful and have the most wonderful feeling coat :D You lucky (dog?cat?) you! Best of luck, but I'm sure the 2 of you will be VERY happy

:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
oh yeah...

I forgot to bug you about pictures. Are they coming soon? huh? huh? Maybe tomorrow? Are they coming tonight? The day after? whenwhen?!?

heheheh :twisted:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Wow! Congratulations on getting your new cat. I'm looking forward to those pictures... :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Argh hehe, my dad has to get some more photo film so not for a bit I'm afraid. :p We have him home now and he's MANIC as anything!! He's got the most distinctive miow as well. :p He's very lovely though, and even when he's on his back and we stroke his tummy...he doesn't bite or scratch! He just lies there all cute..hehe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts