Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...

After I posted the thread this morning, I had sent the picture I posted to a couple people at the office via messanger. My intention was purely because - in my mind - that particular picture (which also happens to be the best pic of his face in my mind) is not only cute, but show both how good of a condition he is in and the miracle of him being in that condition, due to the size of the surgury.

However, some people took offense to it and I'll probably get a talking to tomorrow. I think they may have thought I send it for shock value, or to get a reaction for the scar? When my intension couldn't have been furhter from the truth. No one has mentioned it yet, but I overheard my manager say she was "disgusted with me" and "why couldn't I have choosen a fully clothed pic".

Which leads me to my question: Do you think the following pic is to graphic for the site? Do you think it will offend people? I'm quite sad that people are thinking this when I feel the total opposite way. I was so happy this morning having read the news, and seeing the pictures, and now think people think I'm getting some kind of sadistic enjoyment of baby's scar.

If there is a problem, I can remove the picture. Or the whole post for that matter.

·
Premium Member
28,607 Posts
Quote: but I overheard my manager say she was "disgusted with me" and "why couldn't I have choosen a fully clothed pic". endquote

What a detestable remark. SHAME ON HER! She's disgusting! I could slap her unkind face for that ridiculous statement! That's horrible. God bless you; you have been so concerned about this baby, and you were kind enough to share it with people you thought were worthy and caring. She doesn't meet those standards.

Bean, that scar represents a miracle. We should thank God for it. What could be offensive about a little baby's life being saved!? I have a granddaughter with the same scar. Her mommy tells her that's when God saved her life! (She was not expected to come out of surgery alive.)

p.s. Ignore the pm; I thought you meant it was someone of the site. I'm so mad I'm shaking! Shame on her. Don't make any excuse for sharing a miracle. Shout it to the world! The baby is going to live. It's a miracle of modern science and God's love. Ask this *&^% if she finds the picture offensive. If she does, she doesn't deserve to see it. Take it away from her! [/quote]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.