Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had to take mocha 11 year old in to have one of his lower canines removed. So I was looking at simba's teeth. He's 6 months old and notices on his upper canines are two sets. His babies are still there and his permanent teeth are coming in. Will his baby teeth fall out or do I need to take him to the vet?
I just spent 600.00 on mocha this week and simba is do to be neutered and has a small hernea to take care of so I'm hoping this will correct itself.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Book had two sets for about a week (or at least it was a week from the time I noticed they were there to the time I noticed they were gone). I just kept an eye on him and figured if they were still there after a period of time I'd take him in.

Sure enough. The one set fell out on their own.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Bobble had two canines on his upper righthand jaw one day. I wiggled the baby canine to see if it was loose, which it wasn't. I was prepared to take him to the vet to have it removed, but the very next day it was gone.

Baby teeth occasionally do not fall out on their own, in which case they must be extracted by a vet before they permanently displace the adult teeth. Most of the time, though, the baby teeth will fall out pretty quickly after the adult teeth erupt.

Laurie

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. The baby teeth are a little more than half as long as the adult. They are on both uppers. I will keep an eye on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts